Saturday, October 15, 2011

Life continues to be challenging...

This won't be a terribly long post, more like a brief check-in.  I really need to be working on MY homework. After rushing and phone calls with Capella, things were straightened around that I could take my class this term, only the term started on Monday and I didn't get everything figured out until Wednesday. I am playing catch-up today with posting the first week's discussion topics, and preparing for next week's assignments.  Given Brie is at drill all weekend, this is going to be challenging with the baby, but I hope to enlist others to help with her so I can get stuff done.

My nerves and emotions are fairly shot right now.  Things continue to be a struggle on a couple of fronts, and while the best I can do is the best I can do, leaving the rest to God, it doesn't make things feel any lighter at the moment.  In amidst the struggles there are moments of grace though, and that gives me encouragement to continue forward. I have cried more this week than I have in a long time, and I pray without ceasing. I know things will turn out as they are meant to, but right now there are no clear answers in sight. Only lots of varying desires, opinions, and strong feelings.  In some regard, returning to class is as much a blessing as it is another challenge: at least it gives me something I feel I have some control over and a modicum of success at.  Please continue to keep us all in your prayers!

I really enjoyed having my in-laws here for the time they were here, and it was lovely to see Great-grandma again.  It amazes me how well she continues to do at the age of 101.5!

I am also thankful for the beautiful weather we have had for the most part these last couple of weeks.  Sitting outside has also been a comfort to me and I gain such peace from listening to the birds, feeling the breezes, and watching the trees as the leaves fall.

I have been really missing home and my support networks there of late, but I have been able to talk to my family and close friends on a regular basis, and it helps.  Not quite the same as getting a hug in person, but it helps none-the-less.  I am hoping I can make a trip in November, but it will all depend on finances, weather, and availability of transportation.

Ok, now on to homework!

No comments: