Saturday, December 8, 2012

It's beginning to feel more like Christmas

I have a couple of major gifts done, have the gifts for the 6 grand kids well in hand, and am now starting to think about decorating around here. The sad part is there is lots to do but I have NO energy or drive to focus on it. It's a grey and gloomy day outside and all I really want to do is sit and knit, with an afghan over me, lots of lights on, and either a good movie or my audio book on. It's a cocooning type of day and that isn't realistic for me. Instead, I have laundry in the washer, my Zune primed with a collection of short stories I want to listen to, and after blogging, I will head for the sewing room. Honestly, I am excited to work on gifts for the little girls (I am making doll clothes wardrobes for all of them--even Skye is at a stage of dressing and undressing her bitty baby "Susie". Heck, we had to buy Susie diapers last time we were at the bx (baby alive diapers--the doll that eats and poops). She is thrilled, and each diaper gets much practice with on and off before needing the new one, heeheehee.

I know what I want to do for my husband for Christmas, and we are discussing what to do for the "big kids". The girls posted lists for us, but the boys are a bit harder to decide on because they are less specific in their wants. I also know what I am doing for the nieces already, so my shopping list isn't too huge. I suggested a trip to St Charles for tomorrow to my spouse so we can browse the specials there--I prefer crafted, one of a kind gifts any day over commercial stuff for family members. I for sure am going to Minneapolis over Christmas, taking Reimond and probably Patrick with me. Aurora said she is staying home, as is Dan (because he has to work), and the jury is still out on whether or not Brie and her SO will come up with Skye. My first trip in ages that I won't be bringing Skye with me! It's gonna seem odd!

I have started Reimond's hoodie sweater, a pattern he picked out and chose the colors for. I am keeping careful track of the pattern because I am knitting size small for the circumference, but size extra large for the length! The boy is tall and skinny! This was my reward to me for finishing another project that will remain picture less for a bit until after the holidays because the recipient reads this blog :)

Reimond is back on track at school and I am very relieved. Brianne had a mini meltdown after bombing a chem lab final this past week, but she did better on another test and here chem final is next week. She is working feverishly on a final paper for her American history class, and will be done with the term next week. Aurora too is taking finals next week and one of her tasks with a friend who is also a classmate was to choreograph a dance and perform it. They have been practicing it and while I have only seen the video of it I am sure it will be fun.

Dan has a job at a local convenience store/gas station and works varying hours each week. Patrick is still in the market for a job and is feeling frustrated at times with all the time on his hands. Video games, reading, and hanging with friends can only occupy so many hours of the day. Eric has assigned the boys with chores to take care of to help fill in their free time Nd they are following thru for the most part.

Skye is doing ok. She had another upper respiratory virus last week and still has a nasty cough that wakes her at night. She is my girl when she is here, attached to me by an invisible leash most days, but the other day she was Eric's girl and it was adorable! Speaking of Eric, he did finish off and pass both of his classes and officially has his BS degree in criminal justice. Not sure when he will get the actual diploma as he didn't walk at the ceremony (he had to work, and wasn't thrilled that the graduation was being held in a high school auditorium). They have had a few things come up at work and he is picking up numerous ot shifts. This wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't on overnights right now and these shifts have all been day shifts, messing with his sleep schedule something fierce. He's working one today, then back on nights Monday night. Blech!

Ok, it's time to change the laundry over and the move to job C. And maybe light a candle (they smell so good) along with turning on more lights :). Hate grey skies with a passion!

No comments: