Thursday, August 8, 2013

Quick update

I have been taking my meds faithfully (all ten of them, with a hope we can reduce a few of them soon), and I have been taking my blood pressure daily, which is responding well to the med, but my pulse continues to be fairly high 90-130's. I am scheduled for an appointment with the cardiology department tomorrow to have an echocardiogram and then be fitted for a Holter monitor (24 hour EKG). So hopefully we will know soon what it is that sets my pulse to racing so. I also have a Gino appointment coming up to check for endometriosis, something my sister had severely enough that it caused he monthly abdominal pain that didn't show on any tests (until she had an exploratory laparoscopy), and resulted in her having a hysterectomy. And I see the gastroenterologist soon too. We are gonna get me figured out, hopefully sooner than later.

I am a little sad we won't be having Skye over this coming weekend, given its a drill weekend, but it is probably for the best, with my needing to run back and forth to the hospital with wearing and then returning the monitor, and I have a 15 page paper due Sunday night. Sit, I am going to miss her because I love our time together.  I am also missing not having Justin and Alexis here, but again, it is probably for the best, despite my sadness. 

Eric and I had a fabulous 5th wedding anniversary. We went out and had an amazing, Italian gourmet style dinner with multiple courses, pair with exquisite wines. We truly enjoyed ourselves and it was such fun. Exactly what I was hoping for in celebrating this first milestone anniversary. The restaurant is called Acero and we were at the "more laid back" location, versus their higher end version in downtown St. Louis. The meal lasted for 2.5 hours, and we spent that time talking, counting our blessings, and planning for the next five years.

Today is Patrick's birthday so will will be doing his family dinner tonight after Eric gets home from his overtime shift. Not sure where we are going yet, but it should be nice. 

I am doing okay. Eric has been wonderfully supportive of everything I have been dealing with these past few months and I am hoping our answers are easily fixed. As my sister told me one day last week, there is nothing wrong with "Better living through chemicals" and I will do whatever is necessary to regain my ability to function as I think I should. The hardest part for me is slowing down and accepting that I cannot overdo anything because it sets my heart to racing and I feel winded, like I ran an obstacle course instead of just running the vacuum. One day at a time is my mantra, along with a strong belief that God is with me every step of the way, is in control of my future, and has a plan for what is to come. God's grace is sufficient for me and I am blessed.

No comments: