Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation is over... Back to reality!

Skye in her 4th of July bloomers and bows!
 And what a hot day it is--102-106 degrees depending on where you are living!  I put Skye down for another nap (she only napped a half hour this morning) and then we are gonna go to the pool for awhile. It really makes me miss the lakes near my mother's house, although the pool is sounding awfully good after she wakes up.  Here are a few pictures from our Vacation in MN:
Liisa and Skye in Lake Calhoun, Thomas beach.

My mother, Sylvia, and us 4 kids: Me, Neal, Erik, and Kristi.

The Heikkila-Soulak-Mazes, minus Tony and Brie.

This is Skye meeting her daddy, Dalton,and her paternal grandmother, Regina, for the first time.

Minneaha Falls, July 2011, taken by Liisa on her cell phone.  Love this photo!

Today is getting back to normal, whatever that is. Eric went back to work this morning and will be going to class tonight after work. I am looking at the list of chores to do, phone calls to make for appointments, and everyday stuff that needs to be dealt with. Brie is in Indiana at AT for 2 weeks, so I have Skye full time; Aurora is enjoying her summer, as is Rei, and Patrick stopped home this afternoon for a bit--was nice to see him!

I was thrilled to get a wedding invitation to a former day care child's wedding, but man does it make me feel old!  In my minds eye she is still a little tiny tow-headed peanut who snuggled on my lap and cuddled dish towels!  I would love to surprise her and her mother by going out for the wedding, but we'll have to see.  Life has a way of getting complicated when one least wants it to be so!

Enjoy the photos and try to stay cool!  I sure am!

No comments: