Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Eric is ON VACATION!!!

Thus, so am I!  We decided to go ahead and go to Minneapolis for the first part of it, leaving tomorrow morning and coming back on Tuesday. I am looking forward to a low-key time there of visiting, enjoying the lakes, and spending time with family and friends.

Last week went very well. Dalton is a very nice young man, and he seemed to really enjoy getting to know Skye as a person and not just a picture or a concept. She came to really accept him too, although it took a little time for her to initially warm up to him, and he soon mastered the art of feeding her a bottle and playing with her. He even changed a diaper! His mother is a lovely person and I really enjoyed getting to know her. His sister is very nice as well, and she was here a few days too. They stayed at the hotel up the street by the interstate. I spent quite a bit of time with all of them initially, then eased my way out as people got more comfortable with each other (I didn't want to be a distraction for Skye). It was fun to see her responding to her family members and to see similarities in traits and expressions. The headed back home on Sunday, and I am sure we will be seeing them again at some point relatively soon.

Brie is getting ready for her two week trip to AT at the end of next week. I am sure things will go fine, and I think Skye will do well with the change. She is cutting more teeth, and has a mouthful already. She is also starting to toddle--walks behind her walker-toy, and she travels along furniture quite well. She also stands alone until she realizes she is doing so, then she grabs on quick. I don't think it'll be too long before she is going at will. Brie made the dean's list for her term and we are very proud of her. She got the letter about it yesterday.

I am enjoying my time away from school. I was quite disappointed to get a C for the term, despite an A on the final paper, and A's throughout most of the term. I flubbed up the week between Mother's day and Graduation because I just couldn't do it all, so I turned in some assignments late (she said zero tolerance for late assignments and by God, she meant it!) I just felt badly for myself that she dropped me 2 grades for the late assignments, when I had run consistent 98-99% on everything else.  I had been expecting a B.  Oh well, I still passed and I know the material really well.  I am in the process of getting financial aid stuff re-done so I can get registered for summer session (Starts July 11th, so I need to get going on it).

Quick update on the kids:

Aurora is bowling on a summer league, and she is enjoying her summer, spending time primarily with her boyfriend.

Patrick hasn't been around much, nor has he touched base lately, so I am not sure what he's up to. He is suppose to be coming to MN with us, so I will know more then I am thinking.

Reimond is running with friends as well, and doing some hanging out with Aurora and her boyfriend. Typical summer for the kids.

My Minneapolis babies are now 6 (Justin) and 4(Alexis) as both had birthdays this month. Justin has mastered riding his bike with no training wheels.  I can't wait to see them!

Everyone else is doing ok. Liisa lost her job on Monday but had an interview with a new place today that went well, and she isn't wasting any time trying to find employment ASAP. Tony is home for the time being as well, so he is working steadily and juggling kids and home with Andrea. They are doing fine.

Sounds like my laundry is ready to change over!  Yay!  Then I can finish packing!

No comments: