Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas is officially over!

I spoke to my mom, my daughter Liisa, and my son Anthony, and they all received their Christmas packages from us, so I am officially done with Christmas. My assumption is that the other three packages we sent out were received as well.  I really enjoyed skyping with Liisa this morning as she opened her box and then shared in the package opening as she, Zack, and Zack's kids opened their gifts from us.  I had crocheted doll sized blankets and made nightgowns for the new American girl dolls the girls had gotten as Christmas gifts, and had to laugh when his youngest said "she's all ready for bed, but she doesn't have a bed!" We sent a Thomas the Train set for Zack's youngest, who is just 3, and he was thrilled too.  I embroidered a hooded sweatshirt for Liisa that had has all her dog's names on them (past and present) and she was thrilled, along with a ceramic coffee travel mug that also had puppy prints on it. For Tony's household I had made the quilts for Justin and Alexis, and I embroidered 5 flour sack towels for Andrea, along with a really nice decorative plate for her (hopefully soon) new kitchen.  When I talked to Tony he said that the kids were wrapped in their quilts and running around the house like wild children!  So glad they liked them!

Tonight I took down the tree all by myself. Aurora had removed most of her ornaments already, but no one else had, so I took them all down, along with the lights and tinsel, and now that sad, droopy tree is ready for the recyclers. I will let Eric deal with that tomorrow.  I vaccuumed up a canister full of needles tonight, with more on the floor that I couldn't get to, but my assumption is that I will need to vaccuum again after the tree gets removed anyway.  Eric had class and was bummed about it because the kids were all off today. Dan and Rei went to help Patrick pack up all his stuff, and he is moving home as of tonight I guess. 

I am feeling much better for the most part, just need my nose to stop running.  I am sure the weather isn't helping much.  We had snow, ice, and freezing temps the end of last week, and it was in the upper 60's today!  Now we are awaiting storms, rain, then possible sleet for tonight.  Blech!  I don't mind the mild weather, but my poor sinuses and allergies are all confused, as are some of our plants--the rose bushes are sprouting new leaves, as are the forsythia bushes, and some of the spring bulbs are popping up shoots as well.  Makes me concerned about what will happen when real spring gets here in another 2 months or so.

I am plugging away at some other projects I have in the works, and am feeling fairly productive of late. I also started class last Monday, and am enjoying this term so far: topics in child and adolescent development. Speaking of which, I have readings to get done (about 65 pages) for this week, so perhaps I should turn to that... 

Project pictures to follow!

No comments: