Thursday, February 2, 2012

Spring, already?

I am not sure where winter went, and as long as I am bragging about it being so nice we will probably be slammed with nastiness in the near future, but I am loving the mildness of the days of late.  Hard to believe it was over the months of January and now early February!

We had some exciting news this week: Liisa is engaged to Zack Bakke, her boyfriend of 6 months. He bought her a lovely ring, and they got engaged on the 31st. She is quite happy and it's so nice to hear her sounding so excited! They haven't set a date yet, and we haven't really talked much about future plans; she is just basking in the glow of the moment.

Tony is supposed to close on his house soon too, although they had a minor catastrophe there: the hot water tank apparently exploded and flooded the basement; no one is sure how long the water was flowing for because the house has been empty for about 6 months, and he thinks it's been closer to 4 since he last walked through it.  The assessor for the closing is the one who found it, so that assessment has been rescheduled for after the problem gets fixed.  Tony is also starting a new job soon, one in his field of welding (that he went to school for and got certified in) and he is thrilled with the idea of regular hours and a dependable paycheck (versus working on commission). Life is looking good for all the kids.

Skye went and played at the park today with her mother and had a ball with some little ones she met there.  Still isn't sure what to do on the equipment, but she is eager to try and so far really likes the slide. She was supposed to get shots today at her new clinic (on base) but Brie was late for the appointment so they rescheduled it for the 14th.  Oh joy!  She needs shots, and I am curious about how much she has grown since the last time I took her in.  She has certainly slimmed down and gotten leaner--looks so much like a tiny girl rather than a baby, with her curls and her blue eyes.  She is trying hard to pick up words, and she is quite the mimic.

I still haven't finished the stuff to send out my resume yet.  Not sure why I am dragging my feet, because I need to get going on it.  I just get sidetracked onto other things and then shake my head.  I don't like it that I am procrastinating, especially now that I have things pretty well set and sounding good. I just need to fine tune my cover letter, and take it from there.

I am still trying to work on my weight loss.  Still haven't hit the 15 lb loss mark yet, but am really close.  I see changes, and that's all to the good.  Just wish I could lose faster...  I know that isn't healthy, but I feel like such a failure sometimes when I just putz along, .2 lbs at a time...  It's like my body is fighting to stay where it's at and not let me be "smaller".

I still am really wanting/needing to get away for a day or weekend.  I am feeling cabin-feverish. Aurora has my van now to go back and forth to school and bowling practice etc, and that limits my ability to come and go as I'd like. Brie was home today and it would have been really fun to go to embroidery club at Jackman's but that couldn't happen because I had no way to get there.  I am trying to be patient--and I really appreciate not being the taxi service, but at least when I was taxi service I was also free to come and go as I pleased, with Skye readily in tow. Now, not so much!  I am finding myself staying in my nightgown til noon, something I really don't like in myself, and even when I dress, it's in sloppy clothes (like sweats and tees) with no makeup and my hair in a ponytail.  I miss putting on makeup and doing my hair, but right now it's like "why bother? No one is gonna see me, might as well be comfortable."  I need a good haircut, and my bangs are down past my nose, sorta, so I have been pinning them back.  I have been toying with growing them out, but they annoy me so when they flop in my face, so I pin 'em back and ignore them.  I really am quite hopeless right now!

Brie is headed for class pretty soon (she has to be there at 4) and I have Skye through her bedtime.  It should be an ok evening though, and Skye has been such a sweetheart lately.  I guess that is all I wanted to chat about today! 

No comments: