Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In the spirit of doing better this year...

I figured I would write in my blog today. Skye is napping still, Eric ran off to help Brie with a flat, Aurora is at bowling, and the boys are... Not sure exactly what the boys are doing. One is in the shower, another was going to be with friends, and the third? Playing video games perhaps?

I saw the eye surgeon yesterday again. Last week he thought it was a dry cornea and scar tissue causing the blurriest in my right eye, but after assigning me eye drops three times a day minimum and using a laser on the scar tissue (looked like tin foil in the microwave inside my eye!), a week later and there is no improvement. Further tests were run, the cornea moisture is back where it's supposed to be, but the vision was actually worse! Turns out I did now register an astigmatism in the right eye, something that hadn't been present the last two appointments. I did say I haven't seen much change in my vision since that last appointment after the second surgery, and I have to go back again in three weeks. If the astigmatism still is present, then he would like to do LASIK on me to fix that, and he said it is included in my lens package, because his goal is to be sure I am seeing the best that is possible for me. I am game, as long as there won't be further charges, because we have already spent so much. I see better now than I ever have but there are still things I don't see clearly; I can live with it, but would prefer clarity, especially on the computer. So we will see how this plays out.

Skye has been entertaining us with her "Monster Life" game here on my iPad. She knows how to bring it up, and has figured out how to make purchases on it using the currencies in-game (I have turned off her ability to make in game purchases with real money, however, because I know she would if she were able, not understanding "why" it's not ok). Today she helped myself to the iPad while it was charging, telling Aurora "play my monsters" and proceeding to demonstrate how smart she really is in going through all the elements in game and laughing as she took care of the various monsters and tasks. She truly is a little smarty pants.

Having finished Reimond's sweater, I am really craving starting something new, but I am not sure what, because I am also still trying to finish up some projects that are in various states of completion. I realized the other day that I am really missing sock knitting, and would like to do more of them, because they are quick and satisfying, but looking today at Skye I realized she could really use a sweater because it is so blasted cold downstairs. Something she could keep here and put on as needed. So I have been browsing patterns.

I know the cold has been terrible up north, and now in the east, but to hear people here tell it, you would think we lived in the article circle! It makes me laugh to hear the complaints, because while yes, it is colder than we have had for a long while, I have definitely lived in colder temps in MN, and this is "nothing" compared to that. We did have snow yesterday and it was pretty, but it's already melted away in the sunshine today. I miss the cleanness of the snow over because the browns get so tiresome.

Eric is on his way home, so I suppose I should finish up. Happy Wednesday all!



No comments: