Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday....

I knew I should have gone to the bowling alley with Eric tonight. It's gonna be a bad tv night, and I don't feel like doing much of anything (I am actually staying home because my cough is still leading to occasional puking episodes, which are not fun when in public).  I am better, honestly, but still have pain in my upper left quadrant when I cough and even when I take deep breaths.  Am still using the inhalor and taking my cough meds, but finished the steroids yesterday. Perhaps this is too much information, so I will change the subject...

My poor spouse had to work a 16 hour day yesterday, coming home at 11 this morning after starting at 6 last night due to sick calls at work.  He has today off, although some of it had to be devoted to sleep, and now he is bowling tonight.  He fortunately didn't work any overtime while his parents were in town, and we had a lovely weekend visit.  It was peaceful and relaxing, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I gave them the quilt I made for them and they liked it, so I was content. They gave us a gift certificate to the winery, so we are pleased too--love to escape there when we get the opportunity.

I see the eye surgeon tomorrow for a follow up. I am curious to know where my vision is at now that things have had a chance to meld and settle.  I know there is still blurriness at certain distances, and I know the astigmatism is still there slightly in the right eye, but we will know more tomorrow, and I look forward to it. Eric will be going with me, and maybe we can escape and have a date of some sort after the appointment.

Skye will be here this weekend when her mom has drill, and we have been enjoying her visits. She has discovered a game on my iPad that she likes, Monster Life, and likes to feed and pet her monsters. Between visits I find myself playing the game just to keep them "healthy". It's a cross between a tamagachi, pokemon, farmville, and that old dog game on facebook: you raise an egg to a monster, train it, battle with it, and care for it; you collect coins and other forms of currency to build up your ranch and get new monsters, and it's a time sink.  Oh well, for the time being, it's also fun for the two year old, and fun for me too. There is some level of thinking involved to win the battles, so it isn't completely pointless, but I promise I won't be spending real money on gaining tokens any time soon...

The kids are all doing ok, and other than the lingering coughs that everyone seem to have, they are healthy. Brie returns to school on Monday; Aurora is in her "J" term and going to bowling practice; Reimond is taking semester finals and so far doing quite well; and Dan is working. Patrick has been helping a friend's family take care of their dog (as a dog walker--the dad has a broken ankle), but otherwise is in the job hunting stage still.  We are keeping our fingers crossed.

Just looked at the time, and I need to make something for dinner...  And dishes need doing, so I guess that wraps up my update.  Hopefully this year I will post a bit more often, but I make no promises...

No comments: