Saturday, July 30, 2016

Three more days to go...


Although I actually go back to work Monday and Eric will have child duty until their mother gets here.

Eric very graciously played chauffeur and nursemaid on Thursday so I could do the yarn crawl with children in tow. 
As you can see by my purchases, I tried to be responsible and only got what spoke to my heart: the gold and the variegated on the left screams large shawl, in a lace weight, the purple on the right. Is soft and cuddly; the top yarn is for socks for Eric, who needs more work socks, and the two middle yarns Skye said were needed: one makes a hat with a cat for a pompom, the other is a princess shawl. I also got a lovely shawl pin. 

The baby is not the best road tripper. She does not like the car seat. Skye Is a wonderful traveler and helper. We got stuck in a major traffic jam when a semi carrying hay caught fire closing down the freeway as we were coming home, and we spent 2hours in gridlocked traffic. Not fun!  The previous part of the day was nice though, with lunch near the Missouri River in Washington Missouri, and Ted Drews at Knitorious.  


I finished Eric's socks, and they are the same size, just need a soak and being blocked (although I think he's wearing them today already). 


This has been the story of our weather this week: ostensibly comfortable, with an unbearable heat index.  Sadly we haven't done a lot of outside activities, except sporadically and in the shade.


 

Skye played with a neighbor's chameleon and was fascinated by it. 

I have decided I was amazing with all I got done as a daycare mom. Keeping two little ones and keeping up with chores has been a challenge. I feel like there is stuff I wanted to accomplish over my two weeks off, but haven't seen the end of much of anything. I almost could use anger few days off after they go home to rest up! Oh well, it's been worth it. The girls are wonderful and I love being a grandma. 

Anyhow, that's how this week has gone!







No comments: