Sunday, October 9, 2016


 This is what things look like when grandma babysits after working all day: we eat McDonald's picnic style on the living room floor, while watching Disney junior on television, then cuddle in the rocking chair.  Brie and her husband went to the baseball game and they dropped the girls with me at work. We went and said hi to "Officer Papa" at his work, then came home. It was a fun evening! 

Surprisingly, it's been busy since returning to work after my unexpected vacation, and I was told that training is starting to become a trainer for the signs of safety program we've implemented at work. Thus, Thursday and Friday found me traveling up to St Charles county to observe a two day training and take notes so I can begin that process. It was fun and interesting, especially since our trainers are based out of a suburb of Minneapolis. It just feels like a bit of home hearing them talk and watching their examples from places I am familiar with.

Last Friday night (a week ago) we returned to the winery, and I didn't trip again, hahaha... Aurora and her boyfriend joined us and we sat under a gazebo in the rain, had a fire in the firepit, and enjoyed the music. 
 Eric and fire go together almost compulsively!  We had a lovely evening. Pizza, wine, conversation, and softly falling rain. It was so relaxing.

I've no new finished projects to share.  I ripped out my butterfly shawl because I wasn't happy with it:
 I bought a hand painted yarn to do it over again and will used these 5 mini hanks to do something else with. Amazing how much time it takes to create something and how quickly it an be reduced to nothing. 

I've started a pair of toe-up socks using the dark knight yarn I bought. They are going well and are more portable than the Hitofude sweater. I have about 20 rows or so left on that and it will be done.

I made significant progress reorganizing my sewing stash of patterns and fabrics. It looks much tidier, although still stacked. I'm still thinking about moving bins upstairs to Reimond's room so they are out of sight. 

 Lastly, I am the proud owner of the spinning wheel of my dreams. I saw it listed, used, on a Facebook group I follow. The owner, whose studio is in the first picture, was selling it. She said it needed to be picked up, she wouldn't ship it. I texted Liisa asking how far she was from the owner (who lives in Wisconsin) as I was 7 hours away; she said about 3 hours or so. The price on it was amazing, about half of brand new, and I couldn't pass it up. Liisa said she had the day off, contacted the seller, and made arrangements to go get it. Another woman also really wanted it, but Liisa offered cash and pickup the next day, so it is mine. Okay, it's mine and Liisa's. She has it at her house and I need to figure out how it's coming down to me. But it's closer to being mine than just a wish! I am so excited! Liisa has no idea what to do with it but said its lovely. I can't wait to have it here and love it/play with it/make stuff!

One last photo before I go... Reimond sends me lovely photos of the lakes and river when he's out biking. This one is a favorite with the fall colors just starting. The Mississippi below the lock and dam by minnehaha creeks outlet.

One of my happy spots! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Cindy D said...

Please tell Rei I am also enjoying the photos from Minneapolis, especially those of things that will never change.