Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


  Interesting...  My photos are having a mind of their own today!  I wanted to share the rose blossoms I have so far.  The yellow rose bush actually has two more large buds on them, while the pink one only has the one bloom.  And the pansies are actually still in their pots from the garden center, sitting in my bird bath, because Eric still needs to help me get the ring around the tree in front done up to suit us (we bought one more round of cedar shakes to make it a bit wider). 

Any how, my gardens are coming along nicely, and we got the lilac bushes planted in the back yard.  I am very pleased with how things are developing around here.  It is colorful, warm, and welcoming!  I know Eric has a lot of homework he needs to work on this coming week (his "short" week at work) but I have a few things on deck for him to help me tackle when he has time. 
I have had a very quiet mother's day.  The kids and Eric gave me my gift a few weeks ago, and I continue to be thrilled with it--the Nook from Barnes and Nobles.  I have put a number of books on it to read, all bought on "sale" (meaning less than $5), and I have "bookmarked" some I want to get (new releases) so I don't lose them in the mix, for when I am ready to order them.  I made a quilted sack to put it in for when I take it places (to protect the screen and pad it a little in my purse or bag), and I even personalized it, so everyone knows it's mine.  I am quite content. Rei and I went out for breakfast, just the two of us, because Patrick had to work at 7 a.m., Aurora has been with her mom for the weekend, and Brie is off with her new friend.  She (Brie) is actually meeting up with her Mom and Aurora to bring Aurora the rest of the way home as their mom is not feeling well.  I was supposed to work today, but got called off a little after 1:30 p.m.  Not a big deal.  I am going to spend the afternoon stitching I think.  Eric has been totally apologetic that I am on my own with only Rei for the second mother's day in a row, but I really don't mind.  As my mom says, every day should be mother's day, not just once a year.  And for me, it generally is!

I am not sure what is up with the formatting today--I cannot get it to align left...  I got my laptop back from the repair shop on Thursday. They replaced the dvd drive, the hard drive, and the ac/dc port; they also cleaned it out real well.  But, they told me my battery and/or my ac adapter cord were bad (probably the cord being bad ended up wrecking the battery).  Fortunately, they are going to again warranty out the pieces (I had replaced both back in July 2009).  I have "borrowed" Brie's AC adapter so I can use my laptop, and I have to admit, as happy as I am to have it working again as it should, I am really bummed that all of my bookmarks and favorite are gone.  Trying to remember web addresses is driving me nuts!  On Monday I will print off the shipping labels and run to the UPS store to send them both out. Then, hopefully before the end of 10 days I will have the new cord and battery...  So glad I have my paper done, and that I saved it and all my research (along with my pictures etc.) onto my external hard drive.  At least I have not lost those!

I have lit a candle in my room, I have the window open just enough for a breeze (it's rather chilly out today!), and I am going to get my silk threads and beads out and work on my cross stitching for awhile.  I am not sure when everyone else will start filtering back in home (and Reimond is napping on the couch). Might as well take advantage of the peace and quiet though! 

As I told Eric on the phone, I am so totally happy and content recently.  My material wants are satisfied and then some (and I don't think that I am so terribly materialistic); I am on track with my education, at least as on track as I can be right now while I am in limbo; and we are doing well as a couple and as a family.  I am really looking forward to Memorial Weekend when Eric and I take a little "mini Honeymoon" Friday through Sunday (we are spending Friday night at Hidden Lake Winery in their "honeymoon cabin", then perhaps going to Paducah, KY-about 3 hours away-for Saturday to Sunday, to browse the shops, and just "get away" for a couple of days).  I am so looking forward to that.  Eric and I really have not had a concentrated "just us" weekend since we got married!  We've both missed it and are looking forward to rectifying this situation. 

Anyhow, that is the update from around here.




No comments: