Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Time for an update!

I'm so sorry I haven't been around in over a week.  Last week was really busy through the weekend, and then I worked Monday and Tuesday (wow--10 whole hours!).  Now I am off through next week, and work again on Saturday, June 5th.  Oh well, gives me plenty of time to get my projects worked on!

Let's see: I wrote on the 17th, so that was Monday; my birthday was on Thursday, and we had a number of activities on that day, including a friend's retirement luncheon (from the Air Force).  That was a new experience for me, and it was fun.  We also had a meeting with the insurance rep to see about lowering our rates (no dice /pout) on car insurance, and we had a meeting with the lawyer in the late afternoon about some things.  Perhaps more on that another time. Suffice it to say, it went well.  Eric and I went to Red Lobster for dinner, just the two of us, and it was very nice!  Love that place!  We also, over those few days, got the garden established around the tree in front of the house, got a new storm door installed over the front door (we can now have the house door open and a screen the dogs can't reach for light and ventilation!!!!  I love it!); and we spent some quality time together as a family.

Patrick did NOT walk with his graduating class, and WILL be taking summer school to finish off his needed credit(s) for graduation.  If all goes well he will receive his diploma this summer.  Reimond got confirmed on Sunday, and Eric was able to use a vacation day to be there with us. I was so proud to have him there and be a part of something that has been so important to me. I am so grateful to Eric for making this milestone possible for Reimond--as important as it has always been to me, when I was a single parent in Minneapolis, I was unable to get Rei back and forth to the instructional classes etc.  Being here with Eric has allowed me to meet an important milestone in my son't life that he wouldn't (probably) have done on his own. 

Brie sees the OB on Thursday.  The baby continues to be active and Brie is starting to really "show" now; she gets grief from friends that she doesn't show much, given she is almost 7 months along. She is feeling lots of aches and pains as the baby is discovering her rib cage and some tendons along her abdominal walls to kick at...  As much as I adored being pregnant in the past, there are some things I don't miss at all as I see what she is feeling!  Some of her "nesting" instincts are kicking in and Brie has been helping with making meals and even doing the dishes!  It is such a lovely side effect and one I truly appreciate!

All the high schooler's are busy with finals this week.  They actually have a single two hour class on Tuesday, then are done for the year... We bought the season pass for the pool last week, so that is ready to go when it opens on Friday.  We sure could have used the pool this past weekend as the temps sat in the 90's and humidity was off the charts.  Eric and I are excited for our weekend get-away this coming weekend.  We are only gone Friday through Sunday, unless something comes up here at home and we need to be back sooner.  I cannot wait to have a little time away with just Eric!  We need some uninterrupted "us" time!

I am still not set up with an internship site, but if I am honest, I also haven't been working too hard looking towards it this month--too much else going on.  I have thru July 11th to get it all set up (for a fall term start), but I truly need to get going on that.  I do have a few more leads now than I had, so I have to start diligently looking into them.  It's just been hard to get motivated when things are so constantly in flux around here!  Eric's term ends this week, and he just has one more paper to turn in.  He has been assigned all night classes again next term, so hopefully he can stay on day shifts for another few months. 

Projects-wise (for those who are interested): I have finished the quilt for my niece for her graduation.  It just needs a bath and some threads clipped. That is on the agenda for today. The alpaca shawl still needs blocking as well, but is otherwise done. The new shawl I have started is about 10 rows from starting to bead, and I now need to string about 5,000 beads onto the yarn so I can knit them into the outer half of it.  I am quite pleased with how it is turning out. I also started knitting a baby bonnet for a friend of ours who is expecting a little girl any day now. I am going to do booties as well, and maybe do the sweater too if I have time (or the inclination). I have done more work on my major cross stitch project, and it is making me very happy.  Next major start though is the sun dresses for Alexis so they are ready to take to Minneapolis when we go in two weeks.

Anyhow, that is what is new around here as we head into the end of the month...  I am looking forward to summer!

No comments: