Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

All dressed up as Batgirl!
Superhero pose! (note the hand on hip of each)
See some of my loot? And mommy was Robin.
Halloween at our house was a night of superheroes.  Brie was Robin, her boyfriend was Batman, and Skye was Batgirl. We had over a hunderd kids come to the door, and I ran out of candy before we ran out of kids in the neighborhood.  It was a really nice night.

Rei went out as Superman to a friend's party, and I guess did some trick-or-treating on the way home; he came home with a bag ful of loot as well...  Eric came home from work, all decked out in his uniform, and a kid at the door said "Nice costume dude!" to which his buddy whispered in a loud voice "I think he's a real cop..."  Eric and I both found it funny.

Loved seeing all the little ones out and about, although some of the parents bringing tiny babies out was confusing--they are too small to eat candy anyway; for that matter Skye can't eat much of what she brought home, but she really enjoyed seeing and following all of the kids.

Today is gonna be a "working" day for me and only me. Brie didn't work, and has no classes, so I am focused on my homework (I am an assignment behind, and have one due today) and catching up on chores that I started yesterday.  Eric had talked about us going away for the weekend this past weekend, but given the state of finances, we elected to stay home, so we spent the entire weekend engrossed in Everquest with our friends and guildmates, or (in my case) reading a series I am really enjoying that takes place in the Alaskan bush. We just enjoyed each other's company, tried to ignore the kids as much as possible (lol) and played hookey from life.  It was wonderful! Unfortunately, catchup isn't so great...

With the Cardinals winning the world series I am done being "forced" to watch baseball, and life can get back so some sembelence of normal around here; the weather is fantastic fall weather, and the stars the last few mornings have been utterly amazing at 5:30 am.  I have recommitted myself to working the tracking part of the WW's program and am pleased to say that despite some slacking on my part, I have maintained my loss of almost 15 lbs and numerous inches (did the weigh-in and measurements thing this morning). Now to prepare for the holidays!

Anyhow, that's life here in small town IL...  Time to hit the books!

No comments: