Sunday, December 11, 2011

Almost bedtime...

Just a quick update to say we are all still fine.  Baby Skye is bouncing in her crib and hooting at her mama, auntie, and Dan (who are watching a movie), while Rei is on his laptop in his room, and Eric and I are relaxing in ours. Eric and I had a date night tonight and it was much needed. We went out for a lovely dinner, complete with a bottle of wine and dessert, and I am so glad we did it. I really enjoyed it!

This is my last week of class for the term, and Brie's too. Eric starts his second week of his term, and spent part of today doing assignments for his online class. Rei's IEP last week was really emotional for me (and him too) and he was moved from his regular classes into an alternative program the school started this year; small classes, lots of 1:1 support, and structure. So far it's going ok. We have some mixed feelings about it, but it was the school's answer to his needs for academic support while he gets things back on track. It will be for this term, perhaps longer, but should be helpful to his grades. At least that is the hope. I am hoping this was an answer to a prayer rather than another hurdle to get through. His new med seems to be helping and he has generally done a good job of staying med compliant since the last issue.

I finished my Nov. sock knitter's annonymous challenge sock, but don't think I will do one for December. Too much else that needs to be focused on, from my final paper, to gifts, to quilts to sew (and doll clothes), to house stuff to do in prep for Christmas decorating.  I feel bad we didn't get further this weekend, but we had other priorities, and it is all good.

Anyhow, I am getting weary so I think I will get my nightgown on, and start planning out my schedule for tomorrow.  Research articles need to be read, another quilt top needs to get sewn, and then two quilts need to be layered to machine quilt on.  It is gonna be a busy week!

No comments: