Thursday, March 15, 2012

In which I post an upbeat update!

Yesterday was another great day: this weather is blowing my mind--to be sitting outside for much of the day, in a tank top and shorts, in MID-MARCH!!!!--it's fantastically wierd!  My final paper for the term is due tomorrow afternoon by 5 p.m., and I feel like I have a great handle on it.  My goal is to finish it today, sit on it overnight, then proof it tomorrow and send it.  I am relaxed and on top of things (knock wood it stays that way), and feeling really good about this term, and life in general.

Yesterday I also chatted briefly with my "Miss Alexis" on skype: Liisa went over to Tony's to give me a tour of their new house (via her iPad and skype), with Alexis as tourguide; that went by the wayside when Tony had the power turned off at the pole so he could take down a tree in the yard, but Liisa and Alexis took pictures instead and text-messaged them to me so I could see.  It made me smile!  Andrea informed me that Tony is taking wonderful care of her, putting in a dishwasher for her in the kitchen, and other new appliances (they needed updating), and they have started painting.  She made me laugh though when she said I needed to drive up there to pick them all up, to bring them back to me house for a visit (so a 20 hour round trip, lol), then drive them back home afterwards...  Her last solo drive down here was a nightmare for her, so she is in no hurry to repeat it (hit a raccoon, got a speeding ticket, and got car-sick on the drive down; missed her first major turn off on the way back and ended up in Kansas City on her way home and added 8 hours to her drive...)

I admit, I am really homesick and need to spend some time back north with the family, but between gas prices and everything else going on, it just seems impossible to pick a time to travel... 

Hmmm  Skye is yelling for me, so I guess I need to go get her: she had such a busy day yesterday and last night (went to the Zoo with mama and a friend, then went shopping for some new spring/summer clothes) that it was close to 11 when she finally fell asleep last night.  No wonder she slept in til almost 11 today!  Not to mention DST is still screwing with her sleep schedule...

No comments: