Sunday, June 10, 2012

Procrastination...

I am taking homework time to briefly update everyone on life around here...

If I hadn't mentioned it before, Rei had a fabulous time in Alaska, and misses his girlfriend dreadfully now that he's back home. 

Brie is at drill all weekend, and we are doing a fantastic job of juggling Skye and getting other things accomplished (mainly me and homework--Eric and Aurora have been wonderful!)

Aurora went out to collect some job applications of Friday, so keep your fingers crossed.  She really needs a job and we could use the help with gas, insurance, and misc. : )

Dan too is job hunting (I believe) and he too needs some direction to his days, although he has been making many of the family dinners.

Patrick has been incommunicado for the past few weeks, so I think it's time I send him a "checking on you" text message later today...

Liisa is back at work, getting back into the routine of daily life, and enjoying Zack's kids.  They had a busy day Friday at the park and park pool, playing in the sprinkler at home, where she was in charge cuz Zack had to work a 14 hour day. She has her ups and downs, but she is doing well.

My mother had her chemical stress test on Friday and had another episode of atrial fibrillation that needed iv pushes to control and get her heart re-regulated.  Her pulse was not as fast as last week (where it ranged in the upper 180s-200s), but 120-159 for an extended period isn't great either.  They have upped her med, and she has another EKG scheduled for Tuesday (initially I had been told Monday).  Prayers are appreciated!  The best (or worst) part of all of this (depending on how one looks at it) is that she is completely asymptomatic and has NO sense at all that her heart is misbehaving, so it leaves us wondering if this is a new thing, related to her "white coat syndrome" or if it is something she has episodes with periodically that we are unaware of!  She, of course, is of the opinion that since she feels fine, we are making a fuss over nothing (and is "scolding" all of us for checking on her and checking in with my brother Eric).  I took a deep breath yesterday after hearing her plans for the day (grocery shopping, visiting the nursing home, her usual routine) that in the end, the quality of life is far more important than the quantity of life (something we had to accept with my father's heart issues as well), and trust in God's grace, timing, and plan.

We blew up a fairly good sized inflatable pool for the back yard on Friday and have been enjoying it with Skye, especiall with the temps being in the upper 80's low 90's here.  She loves the water and is thrilled to have others in it with her (unlike her solitary baths).  I am sure Brie would have a fit to know she was "skinny dipping" yesterday because I have no idea where her swim suit is, and we are out of swim diapers...  She did fine and loved it!

Tony is leaving Mpls today for Kansas, where he will be attending advanced training for three weeks (I believe). He called yesterday to be sure that everything was on track for Reimond's arrival on Saturday, and said he might make the trip to come see us if he gets any extended time off while he's so close by. Reimond's last day of school is Monday, and he thinks he's done well this term again.  I am cautiously holding my breath to see.  Overall his IEP came back fairly positive with regards to growth and change.  Regardless, I am very proud of how well he has done, and I do see positive growth and change. The focus this week will be on getting him out driving so he can take his road test (and hopefully pass it) before he leaves for Minneapolis.

Brie and I are on track towards our trip to Florida too.  She booked a hotel for us (Howard Johnson!  That name sure rings a bell with my childhood and travelling cross country!) in St. Augustine, and thus far it's all a "go".  We will take the pilot and Eric will use Brie's car to get back and forth to work. I promise to take lots of pictures!

Ok, back to the assignments!

No comments: