Monday, August 27, 2012

End of August update

We survived the summer, school has started for the younger adults, and Skye turned two yesterday.  I had my surgery on my right eye on Wednesday of last week (8/22) and am now in the healing phase of recovery.  It's slow going as I cannot comfortably wear my glasses, even with the right lens removed, so seeing clearly is still in-process, although better each day.  I feel good though and am glad to have done it.  Just need to restrain my impatience to be "doing things" until I am able to do so comfortably.  I have surgery scheduled for the left eye on Sept. 19th and cannot wait.  It's wonderful to see some things clearly now, and I am sure that what is to come will be amazing!

I loved having Justin and Alexis here, and was sad that Tony and Andrea only stayed overnight when they came to get the kids.  As Liisa said, those kids were never still: active minds, bodies, and mouths!  It seems almost too quiet now that they are gone, and although Skye is relishing being the center of the universe again, even she misses them.  Skye is blowing me away with her language skills--new words and sentences appear daily, and she is such a happy little girl.  Today she decided to take herself for a walk (we were all outside with her) and she didn't turn around until she reached the "kitty mailbox", Justin's landmark for turning around when pushing her in the stroller or pulling her in the wagon.  Glad she recognizes the boundary, however, being two is far different from being 7, and even Alexis kept herself to one house on either side of ours when she was in charge of the wheeled conveyances.  Skye has a mind of her own! 

I see the surgeon again tomorrow and hopefully he'll give me the all clear to resume normal activities. I feel great, and have no pain or irritation; just the occasional headache from eyestrain when I try to do too much too soon. 

I think that's all I can manage for today.  I will try to get around to posting wedding pics from Liisa's wedding later!

No comments: