Saturday, September 10, 2016

Weekend plans

This is what I need to work on this weekend:

Note--the totes against the wall with the picture framed on top and the stacks ARE sorted, and have been there... They just have no shelves or cupboards to be enclosed behind. That is my fabric stash... Almost 40 years worth of useable stuff that I am actually using.

The totes, boxes, and painting on the chair (by my dad, of Lake Superior's fishing harbor at Cornucopia WI), table, etc.are all things I need to go through and place somewhere or dispose of. 


And this is Reimond's now mostly empty bedroom, with the antique wicker daybed and ikea daybed I also brought back. Both need mattresses, but I wanted them. The black bed had been Liisa's, and the wicker one was mine, a hand-me-down from my moms house years ago. It also needs a good painting but I love it. 

Oh, my finished Reyna shawl, draped over my "hey teacher" sweater I knit 7-8 years ago:


It came out nicely. I ended it before the pattern called for because I was running out of yarn, but it is in no way "too small" and I think will be nice with a winter stadium coat I got from my mom for work.

I've also worked steadily on my Hitofude sweater, which is made in one piece with a weird construction: starts off as a rectangle, then the long edges are bound partially off after folding it in half, an edging is added for the collar and waistband (so like a shrug), which is where I am currently at, then the top edge is bound off and the bottom is knit longer for a cardigan length sweater.


I'm a little concerned that the three needle bind off on the sleeves is too rigid, but it otherwise has lots of stretch. I am working on the ribbed edging/waistband right now.

 A close up of the unblocked lace pattern. 24+ hours in the car offered a lot of knitting time last weekend. Unfortunately I haven't done anything on it since then. I think I'd rather be knitting on this stormy weekend than digging through my past, but I promised Eric I'd not procrastinate (so here I sit blogging about it instead of doing it.... Shhhhhh!)

In other things, Reimond likes his job with Rollie at the service station, and is finding his feet. Andrea called yesterday and demanded I come bring him home, then laughed and said things are going well. Alexis has already talked him into chaperoning a school field trip the end of the month. I have talked to him almost every day on the phone, which makes me smile. Liisa closes on the house on the 13th and we are all okay with it. 

Last night I came home from work to discover Po had been extremely ill all over both levels of the house.  On the carpet (why oh why couldn't he have been on the linoleum?). Liquid dog poop is not easy to clean up! Thank goodness for steam cleaners and green machines. Aurora took the upstairs and I did the main floor. Now we have wet carpets that refuse to dry in the humidity and stormy weather we have.  Another "reason" for hiding out upstairs in my room with candles burning and lots of lights on.... 

BUT I did have a plan, and make a promise... So after I finish my coffee it will be off to sorting boxes and finding homes for things. Wish me luck!






No comments: