Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I need a nap!

Tony and Andrea got here around 2:30 am on Sunday morning; the kids were wide-eyed and bushy-tailed for a bit, then we finally got the house settled around 4.  We were up bright and early Sunday morning, and send Tony and Andrea on their way by 10 am.  The kids have been wonderful for me, but man, oh man, these little people are busy!  I get them into bed somewhere around 9-9:30, and they are up by 7.  No sleeping in for me!  We have done some errands with them, and this afternoon we went to the pool for a couple hours.  The little kid's pool is closed right now (awaiting new drain covers to be up to code), so the little ones played in the big pool with the big kids--Aurora, Rei, and Ryan.  Justin is just tall enough to stand on his tip-toes in the water, and he discovered enough courage to cannonball into the pool (so that he goes completely underwater). Alexis is not tall enough to touch bottom, so she clung to me the entire time she was in the pool.  My back is now sore from carrying her around and swimming her.  I really could use a nap!  I had hoped to get the little ones down for a rest this afternoon, but no dice on that.  I also tried to run away and come upstairs to man my emails and blog, but Alexis is right here next to me.

We have made her two dresses, including disney princesses ribbon around the waists of both of them.  She is thrilled, although both are dirty at the moment and she has to wear an "old" dress she brought down.  Justin cracks me up cuz he tells everyone "my family dropped me 'n my sister off here in Mascoutah; we are from Minnesota." like they were strays or something.  He is such a riot!  We were highly entertained to discover that Rei is taller than Tony too, but about a half to three-quarters of an inch.  Tony can still take him down, but Rei is definitely taller now.  Quite honestly, having these little ones here isn't really all that much work--they entertain themselves, they are very good, and they are happy kids; they just are talkative and busy and man, sometimes I just need a break!  I don't have near enough energy to keep up with them!  I am loving every minute of it though, and wouldn't change a thing.

Oooopppps...  Alexis needs a diaper.  Breaktime is over!

No comments: