Friday, June 4, 2010

In the spirit of trying to post more frequently...

I thought I would steal five minutes while I am supposed to be getting dressed again to just say "hi" and update briefly.  The kids continue to be awesome here; very few temper tantrums (little miss gets cranky when she is tired), a few testing moments to see how rules will be enforced, and the normal stuff that comes with preschoolers...  I am still in need of a nap (or at least some dedicated, uninterrupted quiet time), but I am loving every minute of having them here.  The other night at dinner, Alexis looked at Aurora and said "you don't have kids", to which Aurora whole-heartedly agreed.  Then Alexis said "my gram Reina has kids" and Aurora asked her "who are Gram Reina's kids?" Alexis very firmly (almost a "duh" tone of voice), said "WE is her kids!" That just made me giggle!

So far we have been to the park once, the pool twice (the kiddie pool is closed so we have been in the "big pool"; Justin has learned to cannon ball under water, and we bought some floaty devices for them for today that were a hit--water wings and an innertube).We went to the science museum yesterday, and while I found it to be disappointing--less child friendly than I had hoped for and more geared to much older kids--there were still things that were a hit with our little ones, and for the hour and a half we were there was a nice experience.  We have also made a few trips to walmart, the bank, and the bowling alley on base (Justin and Alexis learned to bowl using bumpers and a slide), and the commisary and BX.  It was fun to hear them exclaim over the recognized uniforms similar to what their daddy wears.  We have tried to maintain a regular bedtime schedule for them (and me!) with them in bed at 9 each night, although it was almost 10 last night.  Alexis gets up around 6-6:30 each morning... 

The big kids have been done with school since Tuesday morning and that has only added to the chaos around here, mostly in a fun way, although we keep running out of dishes, and no one except me seems to know how to wash them...  Anyhow that is the scoop from around here.  I work tomorrow from 1 til 6 and the kids will be in charge of my little ones while I am gone for those 6 hours (12:30 til 7 or so).  I know they will do just fine with them!

Now to decide what to make for dinner...

No comments: