Friday, June 18, 2010

TGIF

I am so glad it's Friday!  It's been a pretty good day too!  Went and had a girl's day with Aurora--mani- and pedi-cures, eyebrow waxing, and then off to treats at Target, along with doing a few other errands.  A fun and productive day!

Eric has not heard anything on the interview results, and my guess is it will be awhile before we do.  He missed all his classes this week (first week of the summer term), but did go today and pick up his books so he has those.  He has been on overnights all week, including an overtime shift yesterday, so he has been busy sleeping during the day, and working at night.  This is his long weekend on too, so I hope he gets some good rest.  He did today, despite the heat and humidity.  Anthony got home from BNOC (Non-commissioned officer training) and ended the term with a 92% overall.  The lowest he got on any test was an 85% so he was quite pleased, as were his commanding officers.  He has another training to go to in August, this one job specific to his mechanical skills, and he also is looking to do combatives training too for his unit.  Busy soldier boy!  I am so proud of him!

Reimond isn't doing so hot in summer school, although he is picking things up some.  All I want is for him to pass.  I am not so worried about the grades as much as I worry about the credit for taking them.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Patrick has actually been seen doing homework, and that is a plus as well.  Still haven't formally checked on his grades, but he says they are good.  That too is what we want for him.  We really want him to get his diploma.  Aurora is enjoying her summer still.  She is supposed to be going to her mom's the end of the month thru early July, but she also is hoping to go to a youth bowling camp in IN in July, one is a weekend opportunity, while the other is a 10-day camp.  Then she has Band camp to attend, and school is starting early mid-August...  We really need to get her plans and schedule all organized! 

Brie got notice from the clinic that her blood sugar is too high from the glucose test they did in May, so when she goes next week she has to do a fasting test.  It's concerning because she had sugar in her urine early on (and they never did recheck that); she is also (according to WIC) a few pounds underweight for where she should be, although her measurements are just fine.  We (Eric and I) worry she isn't eating right for the baby or herself, and warned her that this could be serious, and she needs to take it seriously.  She still gets the hives quite a bit, and she is noticing some swelling in her hands and feet (water retention).  I am really glad she has an appointment next week.  She has been home this week ONLY to do laundry and grab a few new clothes; she says she'll be home on the weekend, but we'll see... 

I work Saturday afternoon/evening, but have no idea what my schedule is like for next week.  Could work many days, or could work only one!  I have no clue (haven't been there to check the schedule this week).  I guess I will find out tomorrow!  I think I am gonna spend the late morning to early afternoon at the pool.  I need some sun and water!  I get such cabin fever when I am stuck in the house.  I do finally have a vehicle again though.  The pilot needed almost $1,700 worth of work to the air conditioning system--the compressor was bad, the fans burnt out, and it was ugly. Fortunately for us, the cost came out of the extended care plan Eric bought when we got the pilot, so there was NO out of pocket expenses for us on this one.  Hence my enjoying a girly day with Aurora today! 

Still haven't uploaded my pictures as yet to the computer, but I promise to get to them soon.  I think it's time to go put the pizza in the oven and enjoy a decadent dinner with Aurora.  The boys are out with friends, Eric is at work, and Brie is with her boy-toy.  Makes for a quiet household!

No comments: