Saturday, June 26, 2010

I know, it's been over a week...

Hi Reina! Here is your Daily Horoscope for Saturday, June 26

Your energy is just right for some serious kicking back -- so take the day off or find some other way to sneak some personal time into your busy schedule. It's not all that hard, really.

My "horrorscope" has it right for today.  This last week has been hell.  A dear friend had made a suicide attempt this week, and was talking to me on the phone when s/he passed out (I won't say more about who it was, or gender).  Needless to say, I was extremely concerned, and while not positive it was what I thought it was, decided to contact the police and have someone check.  My friend was taken to the hospital and is currently getting some much needed help, but is NOT happy with me for having made the call to start the process rolling.  As I have said on more than one occasion, better to have a pissed off friend who is safe, than a dead or injured friend who now thinks you don't care.  It's been an emotional roller coaster for me though.  Last night Eric and I went out to the winery for dinner, wine, and live music for the evening and it was just what I needed.  I found myself finally starting to relax and let go.  I have prayed constantly for all that is going on in the lives of people I care about, to the point that I was becoming emotionally exhausted.  Last night, and today, I am focusing on taking care of me. 

Aurora is leaving tomorrow for two weeks with her Mom, and she seems at peace with the trip this time.  Makes me so happy to see that.  Patrick is plugging away at summer school.  His grade is NOT what he is capable of doing, but he IS passing so far.  Rei too is plugging away and if he keeps up the pace he is at, should be passing both classes as well.  Brie is spending most of the week and weekend with her boyfriend.  We are awaiting the results of her fasting glucose test to see if she has gestational diabetes.  Her and I spent most of Tuesday at the clinic because of all the blood draws (one an hour time 3 after the initial baseline one and then drinking the sugarwater). The doc did say she is progressing nicely size-wise, and that the baby's heartrate is strong.  We know she is very active too.

Eric is bringing me up some breakfast in bed (lol--we both have been up for a couple hours now, but he likes to pamper me); then we are gonna play some everquest for awhile.  I need to work this afternoon/evening (unless I get called off), so we are going to spend what time we can relaxing and just being together.  It's a nice break from stress and worry!

No comments: