Sunday, December 12, 2010

A snowy Sunday without sun!

We have cold weather, snow falling, and icy roads around here, or as Liisa would say, "crisco covered roads."  Eric and I went to Brie's Company Christmas Party for drill and we saw around ten various vehicles in the ditch or the median on our way there, and a semi in the trees/ditch on the way home.  Brie had taken Skye with her earlier to the armory, then drove to the VFW where the party was being held, but she sent her home with us because the roads were so bad (we have a bigger vehicle).  Some people continued to drive like idiots, but most were respectful of the road conditions. 

I have been observing with entertainment all the comments from family back home over the snow they have received.  The official amount is just over 22 inches, although I have heard between 26-30 inches depending on the drifts.  The little CRX is totally buried right now, and Liis thinks it's gonna take about an hour to shovel it back out.  She posted the cutest video online (facebook) of her puppies playing in the snow last night.  I still need to call and check on my mom, but I am sure they are fine or I would have heard something.

Skye was so good at the party.  She was enamoured with watching all the people and the kids that were there, and she loved all the bright shiny things people were wearing. She was so tired though that her eyes were all heavy, and she fought sleep as hard as she could, finally collapsing on Eric's shoulder. She sat with Santa and I took her picture. Skye fussed for part of the ride home, then fell sound asleep in her car seat.

I haven't been blogging much of late because any free time I have has been taken up by working on Christmas gifts that I am making.  I have started free-motion quilting the first of the two quilts I made, and I am thrilled with how they are turning out. I am getting faster as I go along (the first block took an hour to do), and gaining confidence with each block I do.  In some regards, it's gonna be hard to part with them when they are finished!  They are both so fun!

Anyhow, that is what we are up to around here. We are hoping to get the tree going soon, and then have a quiet evening here at home.  No more driving around for us!

No comments: