Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Solstice 2010

I slept through the lunar eclipse, and I slept in til almost 8 this morning, but I have noticed that the day has been grey and gloomy.  I saw outside at 2:30 this afternoon and could have sworn it was closer to 5 p.m.  Eric and I went Christmas shopping yesterday and today, and we finished up about 5 tonight.  I still have some gifts to finish up, but I have a good start on them, and can send them when they are done.  The quilts will be done to bring north with me.  I finished machine quilting them tonight, and all that is left is to bind them and wash them (because Po peed on one of them, and they both were dragged on the floor at random times).  I feel like I am on track.  The concern now it the weather for travelling, and Eric is of the opinion right now that if we leave early enough in the morning, and give ourselves time to travel slowly, we should be fine.  I told him tonight that if we need to stay home I will be okay with that, albeit disappointed, but I don't want to jeopardize our safety either.

Rei has passed all his finals, while Aurora was exused from taking any.  Tomorrow is the first day of winter break.  Aurora will be leaving with her mother sometime around 3 tomorrow afternoon, and she is a bit perturbed that her mom won't be bringing her home until the 29th (we are doing our Christmas here on the 30th). She only gets 10 days total of vacation and her mom is claiming 7 of them...  My feeling is this is the last Christmas we need to deal with it, so lets try to get through it will as good grace as possible. Her mom had wanted to collect her today, but she had school functions to deal with (a basketball game she had to play at with the band) and she has bowling obligations tomorrow. 

Skye is doing wonderfully.  She is laughing spontaneously at lots of things, and she is so alert and "busy." She wants to be upright, she wants to be seeing everything that is going on, and she definitely has some preferences for certain people and things.  Rei and Jared have knit hats that have skull silhouettes and mohawks on them, and she cries really hard when she sees them, even though she normally adores Reimond. For some reason they scare her.  She also loves to watch TV.  Not that that is good or bad, but she likes seeing the color and movement.  She also likes to go shopping, and when we had her Christmas shopping with us yesterday she attracted lots of attention and smiled at everyone!  She is so easy to take places, other than being heavy to carry around in her car seat.  The stroller has been a god-send and we are giving it a workout!  It is so nice to use with the car seat in it for now (she hasn't been in it as much without the carseat because we are generally "going someplace" when we take it out), but she loves to be on the move!

Anyhow, that is what is new as of today...  Looking forward to Christmas, hopefully in MN with the family, and then again here in Mascoutah next week...  I will keep everyone posted!

No comments: