Friday, February 25, 2011

It's just not fair!

Liisa went home, winter returned (we had snow last night, and freezing rain a couple of days ago) and yet they are talking 70's again for Sunday, along with thunderstorms...  I went to the clinic on Tuesday afternoon after struggling for about 10 days with UTI symptoms, and sure enough, I have one. Started on antibiotics on Tuesday evening, and am still feeling punk from that. Then yesterday I started with a runny nose, and by this morning also have a full-blown cold.  I don't have time for this stuff!  I have a project to work on for school due this weekend, I have regular assignments to do, and I have chores to catch up on that were set aside while Liisa was here. I hate being sick!  Aurora and Patrick are also sneezing and congested, and I think Skye is too--she was a crabby-pants yesterday, and she has been coughing a little bit (although it may be imitation too).  That will bear watching.  She did have a mild cold earlier in the season and weathered that really well.

We found a karaoke joint for Liisa so she was able to get her singing fix in on Wednesday night.  I didn't really feel up to being there (although the people watching was fun, and some sing with more um enthusiasm than talent); I was the designated driver and Liisa and Eric imbibed a bit. We didn't get home until almost 2 am, and I had to be up at 5 to get Liisa and the boys up and moving (Liisa has a tradition of taking Rei and Ryan to breakfast, and Patrick went too this time; they brought food back for Aurora), and I had to have Liis to the train station by 6:15ish so she could be to the airport on time.  Her flight got rerouted and instead of a direct flight back to Minneapolis she made a side-trip to Detroit's airport.  She got home safely mid afternoon yesterday instead of late morning as planned.  We did have a wonderful visit, and it was sad to send her home. She kept asking me why I was making her leave...  yeah right!

Eric is off to the gun range this morning to shoot for work, then he'll come home, nap, and head back to work for his last weekend of overnights for awhile. He returns to day shifts on Wednesday. Brie is tentatively planning to drive to Oklahoma for the weekend to go see her friend Juntao with the baby. She is trying to convince Aurora to go with her so she has help, but Aurora is, at this point, hesitating. And if she does go, it's going to need to be a short trip, because Aurora has school Monday, and I think Brie has to work too. Skye is napping here beside me, and I am not sure exactly where Patrick is. He might be in his room sleeping...  I never know when he's home and when he's not unless I go looking because he tends to be somewhat ghost-like around here--floats in and out with minimal contact.

I think it's time to go find some more coffee and then get going on school stuff even though I really have no desire to do more than curl up in my bed with a book and a blanket.  So tired of feeling punk!

No comments: