Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just a quick one...

Today is another gorgeous day, and I am so excited that Liisa will be here in about 5 hours. I am caught up on my homework (not that I was behind, but now I can enjoy her visit while staying on track) and my house is sorta coming together.

We went to Lowes the other day and got the flooring needed to replace the soiled carpet in the closet. We also got an armoire for the front room to house blankets and provide storage for guests. I am so happy! Eric started putting it together last night with Patrick, however he didn't get it done. Po decided to baptize it this morning and Eric is (pardon the pun) pissed...  Po also peed on the end of the couch after Eric spent hours cleaning the carpet in the family room and the furniture edges...  Oh, and he peed on my new chair too, up in my bedroom, while I was changing the baby in her room.  I am so ready to open the door and let him run! (I won't, not really, because he is loved by members of the family, but there are times I dream of it because I feel so helpless in the face of his deliberate naughtiness!) Anyhow, we are slowly getting ahead of the game, but some days I feel like I am on the losing side of it.

Eric still hasn't put our new desk together, but we do have it upstairs now. It's on the agenda for the weekend I believe. Sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything on the list, but step by step it is getting there. We have buds coming up in the garden--Eric thinks it's the Hyacynth bulbs. There are buds on the lilac bushes out back, and the tree looks a bit taller too. I just have to keep reminding myself that Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will my surroundings.

Skye is napping, so I think I will finish cleaning the bathroom and folding clothes.  Cannot wait to see my girl this afternoon!

No comments: