Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday afternoon...

Nothing exciting to blog about today. I am just between assignments and taking a break from writing (what I really want to do is nap, and maybe I will do that next) and doing dishes, so I thought I would pass on that Brie did go to Oklahoma with the baby, and she is now enroute home. She called me about ten this morning to let me know they were on the road and she thought it would be about 9 hours driving. I figure I will start looking for them around 8 pm or so.  Sounds like they had a good time, which is what counts.

I wish I could say I have been productive with my baby-free time but I haven't been.  I have spent the entire weekend mostly wallowing in being sick. I do feel a bit better today, which is nice, but I have to be careful and not overdo--because I have a tendency to do that, and keep more of a steady pace going. I have the kitchen about half done, and the school work has a good start on it, so I will just keep plugging away as the day goes on. Eric is sleeping, Aurora and Patrick are in their rooms (napping?) and Rei is dozing on the couch.  What a bunch of slugs we are today!

The weather hasn't warmed up as much as they thought it would, and we are under the threat of severe thunderstorms for later, so I hope the roads aren't terrible for Brie. We have grey, gloomy, overcast skies so far, and mild temps (around 55 or so). It's still bright enough I can sit in the front room with no lights on and see comfortably to read, but it gets dimmer as the clouds move and shift.  Baby Skye is 6 months old as of yesterday, and that seems so odd--the time just flows by so quickly! And Eric's term ends this week, so he will be both returning to day shifts and being done with school for a few weeks. It's gonna be nice to see more of him when he's awake!

Ya know, a nap is sounding really good right now, so I think I am gonna lay down for an hour or so...  I think I am looking forward to March and more of spring!

No comments: