Saturday, March 12, 2011

A semi-sunny Saturday!

It has been a busy week. It was Eric's long week at work, there have been lots of things on deck, and time has just gotten away from me.

The baby went to the doctor's yesterday for her 6th month checkup and she now weighs 18.5 lbs and is 27" long. She was very good, and got her 4 month shots (Brie had some confusion over the time of the 4 month physical and missed it), and will get the 6 month injections on the 31st. She is running a low grade temp today, so I gave her some infant ibuprofen. She is sleeping as I type, right next to me on the bed. Poor little one is doing better after shots this time around--doesn't seem as sore--but the fever has her glassy eyed and cuddly.

Brie is at drill all weekend, and Eric is working, although he took tomorrow off to go to Aurora's final bowling match, the top 24 bowlers of the district, which she qualified for. It's in Cahokia (whereever that is) and we have to have her there before 9 am. Gonna be fun with the time change overnight. We'll all be overtired and crabby tomorrow!

I started Weight Watcher's online with Liisa about 10 days ago. I had lost 3.6 lbs as of Tuesday's weigh in. We'll see if that trend continues when I weigh again on this coming tuesday. It's going well--I am not finding myself struggling too badly, although there are times my craving certain things tries to get the best of me--like chips or chocolate...  So far so good though! As I have said before, my goal is to be healthy, not necessarily model thin.  I just want to look and feel good about myself!

I have one more week of class stuff for this term, and then it's on to the next one. I think I am going to stay with one class at a time for the nonce. It's working out well for me generally. I just need to revamp some timing stuff based on Brie's schedule and all the babysitting I'm doing.

Today is a decent day for a change, although it looks like the clouds are coming back.  It was so nice to see sunshine this morning for awhile! I need to go check on the bulbs out front again, and the maple tree in the back is budding in scarlet right now, so lovely to see!

One of the kids downloaded a nasty virus onto my MY desktop. I worked with the antivirus company we use to remove it, but it corrupted a bunch of files and now nothing is working right on it. I am locked out of any repairs I can make myself (at least this far); I think a trip to Best Buy is in the offing to have them diagnose it and see what we need to do now.  It's not that old (I think somewhere around 2 maybe?) and we paid a small fortune for it, so this is really pissing me off!  I hope the fix isn't too costly.  Stupid kids anyway!

Enough ranting. Time to get back to infant development.  That is the assignment due today!

No comments: