Saturday, May 26, 2012

randomness...

1. My birthday was awesome and I had a fantastic time with family here; I was sad to see them go home.
2. Reimond is having a blast in Alaska, and I am so happy he had the opportunity to go, even if there were some difficulties prior to his leaving (at school--he dropped a level and got upset, was assessed a 2 day oos suspension).
3. My eyes have been really bugging me this week, and combined with some other stressors, I have been dealing with migraine-type headaches off and on all week, resulting in being behind in my school assignments.
4. This term is kicking my proverbial a$$ because I just am not into ed psych--I don't plan to teach, I am not interested in learning theories, and I am lost in the language.  I am maintaining an A so far this term, but I am working at it and not enjoying any part of it!
5. There have been a few family stressors that have been coming to a head off and on this week, and I am tired of the drama and the attitudes and the blaming...  ('nuff said).
6. An old, dear friend has returned to Everquest after an extensive hiatus and I really want to play more than I had been.  It's hard to see Eric having fun while I keep my nose to the grindstone sometimes, but I am dealing with it by using time online as a reward for getting stuff done (or as a break when my brain goes into overload (see 2 & 3, lol).
7.  I started my May socks on the train home from the airport (dropping Rei off on Wed.) so I can "legally" count them towards my SKA challenge, and not miss a start since I joined; IF I don't finish the April sock on or before the 31st though this will be my first "fail" in this challenge.  Am plugging away as Skye let's me.
8. I have gotten better at spinning on the spindle, and spend about 10-15 mins practicing every few days.  Love the Merino wool I am practicing on, and hope to turn it into something useable when it is all spun up as singles.
9. Skye is becoming quite a challenge to keep up with of late. She is very busy trying to do whatever she has seen us do, and is not easily dissuaded from whatever she sets her mind to.  She is a strong-willed, independent child, and I am getting tired of saying NO constantly and trying to redirect her.  Love her to pieces, am so very proud of how smart she is, but wish she could just be satisfied with playing with HER toys, in one spot, so I can get things done that need to be done instead of chasing her around trying to corral her into one area.
10. I am really looking forward to going to Florida (if everything stays according to plan) and having a change of scenery for a few days; really looking forward to seeing the ocean again, and even the car ride  and reading/knitting while we travel (less looking forward to helping drive, given my eyes).

Time to hit the assignments again....  After I get more coffee and some toast!

No comments: