Sunday, October 28, 2012

Feeling sorry for myself.

Last Sunday when Brie and co. came down from Springfield, Skye was running a fever and feeling really punk.  It resolved into a terrible cold (along with a rash the first couple of days--my guess is fifth's disease, a common childhood ailment that looks like "slapped cheeks" and a fine rash on the trunk/torso).  Brie had her in to the clinic and she was given supportive treatments: mucinex for the cough, advil for the fever and aches, tlc...  Anyway, as the week wore on little miss sidekick generously coughed, sneezed, and shared everything in her small life with me, and as a result by the end of the week I had a sore throat starting, followed by a cough from hell that showed up in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  Over the course of last night, things have started migrating up to my sinuses, and I feel worse today than I did even yesterday (and yesterday was NO picinic).  I am not necessarily looking forward to another day in bed (although I did bathe, then play some EQ last night with Eric), but being upright isn't feeling so great right now either.  Still, Eric has an ot shift today, the boys are either gone or sleeping, Aurora is still out of state (bowling tournament), and Brie and Skye won't be back until later this afternoon (her guy is gone most of the week again for work, so she and the baby will hang with us), so I might as well just vegetate, read, knit, and/or watch the rest of Lost's episodes (I am halfway through season 5).  Seriously: what fun is a sick day if one is too sick to enjoy it????

Otherwise, things around here are pretty much status quo.  Nothing major going on, no significant changes to discuss.  Just plugging away at life, school, work (or job-seeking as the case may be) and other than the colds, everyone is healthy.  Now I think I need to find some more hot something (tea or coffee), and lay back down.  This lump of lead I call a head is throbbing!

No comments: