Friday, August 12, 2016

Lazy Friday.

I am relaxing! I took yesterday and today off to watch Brie's girls, not realizing that Skye started first grade this past Tuesday. Brie's husband is keeping them through today and will decide if he is keeping them the weekend or bringing them to me. Since I had requested the time off in advance and it was approved, I figured I might as well use it. This is a four day drill weekend for Brie. 

Yesterday I did some chores, went grocery shopping, knit, and watched the Olympic Games on television. 

This is the Reyna shawl. Figured it would be nice for me! It's another of my WIPs (works in progress) towards completing things.  As i said to Eric, things lose their luster sometimes as I reach mid point, but then when picked up again become fun as I realize how close they are to being done. I promise this will look much better when blocked. Right now it's all scrunched up on my needles. It made for good tv watching knitting because the pattern is simple. So simple I screwed it up the first time I tried it and ended up ripping it all out and restarting. It was take two I got bored on and set it aside. 

If I have the girls knitting will be my handwork this weekend. If Eric K. Keeps them, then I plan to sew much of the weekend. I have patterns, notions, and material for a number of garments for me I want to make up, and I also have quilt blocks to embroider or make up... My Eric worked an overtime shift on Wednesday and we had yesterday off together. Now he works his three day weekend so my days are my own to get stuff done.

Which reminds me, I haven't had coffee or breakfast yet! Perhaps I'll take them outside :)


This heart cloud sat over me on Sunday afternoon and made me smile.  Weather today is similar, so I want to enjoy it before it gets beastly hot out! 

No comments: