Sunday, August 28, 2016

Working weekend

I am on call this weekend, and surprisingly, it's been decent. No calls til after 1 yesterday, and then a second call assigned at the end of the day. So far nothing today.  I'm not holding my breath, but am enjoying getting a few things done while I wait.  


Ms Skye turned six on Friday and the highlight of her no school birthday was getting her ears pierced. She is so proud of how brave she was and how lovely they look.  No pictures from me, I'm afraid, as I haven't seen her in person since I last watched them. She skyped with me so I could see them though and is happy about it. She's becoming an amazing little person with strong opinions, curiosity, and imagination. I love being a part of her and Adrianna's lives. Makes me wish Justin and Alexis were closer by me!

Skye is less happy learning Uncle Rei is moving to Minnesota.  She cried so hard when she talked to him and it was heartbreaking. She told him she needed him to be here for when she comes to visit. She calmed some, hearing I would make trips to see him and the rest of the family so there would be opportunity to go with me. She's such a good traveler and I don't mind taking her anywhere.  Change is the standard around here though.  

We had crazy weather around us all week.  On Friday I ran to pick up subway and captured this photo of a storm going around us:

 

This was west of us, behind the high school parking lot and football field. We haven't gotten much rain ourselves, but the thunder and lightening sure have been present.

Not much else of note is going on. I joined bloglovin as a way to see other crafty blogs, and I need to learn how to embed links to things in mine (like my ravelry projects). I am still plugging away at finishing projects, but my knitting mojo has left me right now and I am not really excited about any project at the moment. I'd like to sew but haven't had the drive to clear off my cutting table to cut something new out, and I haven't wanted to sit at the embroidery function either. I finished reading the last of Robin Hobbs fantasy serials (13 books in all in the same world), which were engrossing, but now I am looking for light reading. I've found myself reading blogs again and Pinterest as my primary "down time" entertainment.  I really enjoy seeing what others are doing and hope something will restore my drive to create  again. 

This week the focus is going to be on getting Rei packed and moved, and next week will be the start of the "Soulak empty nest". It's gonna be strange!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope Rei has safe travels. I know it will be difficult for you but what a wonderful time for your three children to be together.