Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Unexpected day off


Today is a mental health day to get some things taken care of. Thus I have time to write.

Some changes: Reimond is moving up to Minneapolis the first weekend of September to start a new life by his siblings. I am thrilled for him and the opportunities available to him up there and I look forward to seeing what things are in store for him. He's got a line on a couple of jobs up there, and a place to stay with both Liisa and Tony. It's exciting and scary and he's really looking forward to both reconnecting with old friends and having family close by. 

The next change is that Liisa is selling her (my) house. After 8 years of doing updates and managing things she's ready for a change and the flexibility of not worrying about yard work and upkeep. She lives at her boyfriends house and has the opportunity to do those things there. They have Eleanor, a blind puppy, who has her own Facebook page from her shelter days (Toadette the blind puppy) and has her own fan base. They discovered after adopting her that she has hydrocephalus and the pressure affected her optic nerves so while. She can see somewhat, she can't process what she sees. She is busy, active, and full of love, and she is adored by Liisa and Dave. 
 

On the project front I finished my Reyna shawl. I have to soak and block it and then will put a picture of it. 


I may have already posted this one of my knitting on it all scrunched in my lap.


I also sewed a new cover for my swing. It's made of outdoor fabric, and I lined the seat area with duck canvas for added stability. I am satisfied with it and it buys me a bit more time before I need to decide what the next option is. The frame was still in good shape, but I have loved the heck out of the seat area...

I so enjoy sitting out in my yard and swinging while I read, stitch, and relax.

We went out for dinner with Patrick and his girlfriend for his belated birthday. He's doing well and is happy. Aurora is also busy with her life. She has a boyfriend as well, works, and has joined a bowling league off base because she no longer has base access (aged out) except as our guest. Our once predictable child is now as unpredictable as the rest of them. Regarding when she's home and if she's joining us for meals! 
 
 Pictures from Mascoutah homecoming. 

Skye is liking first grade, and Adrianna is practicing sitting up independently. She has also started intentionally rolling over, then getting upset because she doesn't want to be on her back (or tummy). Brie is tired but she's managing things and says she's doing okay. There is no drill this coming month (September) so I'm not sure when we will next see the girls. Skye's birthday will be celebrated at some point as she is turning 6 on the 26th. Eric and I both work this weekend, and then next weekend we are driving Rei to Minnesota and collecting what I had left at the house. It's gonna be a busy labor day weekend!

That's life around here. I'm enjoying the cooler weather despite the sprinkles in the air.


No comments: