Friday, October 16, 2009

I forgot to mention...

I did haul my butt into the clinic for a once-over before heading out to MN and was diagnosed with a bad sinus infection.  They sent me home on antibiotics, a narcotic cough syrup/decongestant, an inhalor (for the chest tightness), and a nasal spray (for the swollen passages).  I took everything dutifully, and am happy to report I feel 200% better!  I did need the inhalor a bit in MN, especially after being at the bonfire most of last Saturday, but as the week wore on here at home I improved greatly and now feel wonderful again.

I also wanted to mention that Patrick did a really nice job trying to arrange things so that he could honor his marching band commitment at tonight's homecoming game with his work commitment, and even almost had it figured out, but alas, he ended up needing to go into work, as there was no one available to cover for him over the dinner rush, which takes place over the same time he needed to be reporting at the school.  So he is working tonight instead of marching, but he knew that was a possibility.  I just hope his band director is more understanding than his younger sister is about this.  We had drizzle about an hour ago, but now, despite the wet ground, it looks like the sun is trying to peek through the clouds; I hope it clears for the game tonight.  Otherwise it's gonna be a miserable homecoming for the kids...

No comments: