Thursday, April 1, 2010

April fool's day, 2010--no foolin' though~


This is my new doll, an Asian Ball-Jointed Doll, from the Bobobie company.  Her name is Mei, an Elf Girl.  She came with a "face up", meaning it is painted by the company, and I love how subtle and soft it is. She came with dark brown eyes, and her "skin" is paper white.  She is very ethereal and serene looking.  I also ordered a tibetan mohair "fwig" for her--it's a wig made of real fur.  It is softly colored ("champagne") and suits her--kinda wild and untamed, and yet soft and subtle.  I love her pointed elf ears, and that she can "pass for human" with her wig on.  I am torn between envisioning my costuming of her to be regal, ala Lord of the Rings, and modern/rustic, ala the books and stories of Charles DeLint (I adore his books and short stories--he writes something referred to as "Urban Fairy Tales").  Needless to say, I also ordered a couple of patterns that are in her size as she is about 16 inches tall, but very slender. 
Like my passion for porcelain doll-making and costuming, I am looking forward to creating unique garments for her and having fun in the process. 

This is the center medallion in the quilt I am making for my niece. Neither my sister nor my niece frequent this blog, so I think my surprise is still safe.  I haven't taken a picture of the whole quilt as yet, and I still have a border yet to piece, and a solid border to add, then it will be done.  That is on the agenda for tomorrow.  I am sorry the medallion is sideways, but blogger won't let me turn it around...

Eric is working late tonight and won't be home til after 10.  Fortunately he has the weekend off, a first for us with him having a holiday weekend free.  I think we are even planning to go to Church on Sunday as a family!  That would be wonderful.  The girls are enjoying their first day of spring break with a trip to the mall, and then bowling this late afternoon/early evening.  Rei has been hanging with friends most of the day, either here playing video games or out and about. Patrick too spent a big part of the day playing video games, and then he had to go to work tonight.  I worked earlier today myself, and we were busy as all get-out; despite that they sent me home at 12:30 (I was scheduled to work til 1:30).  Yesterday I was sent home at 10:30!  A whopping 2 hours of work.  Oh well, I am enjoying the time home and have lots to keep me occupied.

Today has been a really nice day and I have enjoyed it thoroughly!  Between the doll arriving, getting my cross stitch scroll frame set up with Misty Morning Vineyard, and spending some time with the kids, I have enjoyed the weather, the breezes, and my day.

No comments: