Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So who stole April???

The month is nearly over, and I haven't really blogged much since my return from MN.  I apologize for my absence!  It has been really busy around here since I got home, and on top of everything else, my laptop went into the shop for repairs, which limits some of my creative impulses (I generally blog on that while sitting on my bed).  The desktop is getting a work out from the kids and Eric, given Eric's desktop is slow as cold molasses, and my time on my desktop is somewhat limited by sharing.  Not that I mind, it's just busy!

We had a wonderful visit with Eric's parents, and the rose bushes have buds on two of them, and new growth on the other three, so I am thrilled.  We added a dahlia into the mix, and I enjoy watching it daily.  The lilacs will go into the ground probably this weekend--Eric is working today and tomorrow, and he had school stuff to catch up on as well.  My trip home was wonderful and I enjoyed my little ones to no end.  It needs to be said that "Preschoolers are busy little people!"  We walked the neighborhood, we played outside, we went and visited at Uncle Jeffrey's and saw Grandpa Jimmy; we went to the benefit for the victims and survivors of the McMahon fire; we had a cook-out party at my mom's house; I cooked for Tony, went to karaoke with Liisa, had breakfast with Erika, and an outing out with Deb; I got my hair and eyebrows done (and feel fabulous!); and I relaxed some too.  I even caught a nap one afternoon when the kids were resting too.  In some regards it was way too short a visit for all that we accomplished, and in other ways it was just right. 

My best story from my trip to MN involved Princess Alexis.  She told me we had to go to "The Mall the 'Merica" to buy her new princess shoes, and it was foremost on HER agenda.  By Saturday afternoon, with all the running around we were doing (including the benefit and a cookout at Jeff's), she NEEDED to go to the Mall because her (glass slippers) "princess shoes had gotten all broked and throwed away" and she wanted new princess shoes, in purple and pink and yellow and red.  Liisa kindly agreed we could take a trip to the mall, so off we went, at 7 pm to go shopping at the Disney store.  There we tried on a few different pairs, when Liisa found THE shoes.  Purple and turquoise sparkly shoes, with sequins and glitz, along with "real heels", elastic straps to hold them on her feet, open toes, and Ariel on the insoles.  She put them on her feet, then announced she "needed to look in the mirror" and sashayed to the full length mirror, where she admired her lovely feet.  She was so pleased with them we couldn't take them off to pay for them! Fortunately, the salesgirl was very understanding and accepted the tag in place of the shoes.  My princess was so thrilled that she even wore her new shoes to bed! (I will post pics once my laptop comes back--they are all on that).

Since I have gotten home the focus has been on recovery around here (getting the house back in order to MY standards), catching up on projects, and keeping up with the kids.  Brie met her new OB last week and Eric and I were both at the appointment (at Brie's request).  She is very nice, and the baby is growing well.  Brie can feel her kicking and moving now, even to the point of seeing movement on her belly at times, and it is wonderful to see.  Nothing on the job front though...  We got some disappointing news too: barring a miracle, Patrick won't be walking at graduation this year either.  His poor grades have pretty much ruled that out, and he will be taking a summer school english class to complete his requirements for a diploma.  IF he aces the final (and gets his grade to over 90%) there is an extremely slim chance he won't need summer school, but given graduation is before finals, it looks unlikely that he will walk with the class.  He is handling it well, but we are all very disappointed.  Once he has his diploma, believe me, we will celebrate. Aurora is doing fine as per usual, and she is at a track meet today.  There is another visitation coming up with her mom, and I am not sure what the status is on that.  Aurora really doesn't want to have it, but we are encouraging her to do so, for her mothers sake if for no other reason.  Such a hard spot to be in!  Reimond will be turning 16 on May and that is blowing my mind.  He is getting confirmed on May 23rd and I am so pleased.  This was a priority for me when I moved down here and I am thrilled to see it come to pass. 

Eric and I have made reservations to stay overnight in the honeymoon cabin at the Hidden Lake Winery the night of his birthday, to celebrate our mutual birthdays, and our "honeymoon".  We had hoped to stay there two nights, but they were booked for Saturday.  We will probably find somewhere else to stay for Saturday night.  We wanted to "get away" for the weekend, and this is when we have chosen to do it.  Should be amazing!  Then we have our trip planned to MN for June.  We will leave here either the 10th after Eric gets off work, or the 11th really early in the morning, to head to Mpls for Jocelyn's graduation party.  We will drive back the 13th (that Sunday).  I cannot wait! 

Anyhow, that is the news around here, and I hope to be a better correspondant in May! Enjoy these spring days as they come: God knows they are passing quicker than I have expected~

No comments: