Friday, July 2, 2010

A whole lot of this and that...

It's friday again and an entire week has passed me by.  Wow.  I have so enjoyed this week though.  The weather has been glorious!  Windows wide open, a breeze, sunshine, low humidity.  Feels like MN in the boonies!  I have been in less of a funk this passed week than I was the week before.  My friend is out of the hospital and is starting to look for reasons that life *may* be worth living.  I couldn't ask for more than that, at least right now.  The friend is no longer pissed at me either, which is equally a good thing.  My nerves can handle only so many guilt trips, jabs, and pokes.  I am thankful things are settling down.

School is done next thursday for the boys.  Reimond has done a 180 on his grades and I am so pleased.  He is finally showing what he is made of.  Patrick we are still nervous about. He went from bragging rights to hiding, and things will be coming down to the wire for him.  I am very concerned.  It is what it is though.  Brie is off to the boyfriend's for the weekend.  I have such mixed feelings about that.  I would like to get to know him better, but he feels we are too strict/have too many rules, and is scared of us/Eric.  In the meantime, things are NOT getting done by her that need to be done.  On the good news front though, her fasting glucose tests all came back normal, so no worries at the moment for gestational diabetes.  I am starting my lists for what we are going to do for her for her baby shower coming up next month.  It is going to be held here, at the house, over Mascoutah's homecoming weekend.  We adjusted the times so that we would be free for the Mascoutah festivities, like the parade Aurora will be marching in, and not have to worry about feeding everyone dinner. 

Liisa is on her way back to Mpls after her cruise to the Bahamas.  She had a fabulous time, and is so happy and relaxed.  She loved Nassau and the ocean.  I am thrilled she had fun.  Both my grandbabies are now another year older: Justin was 5 on the 28th and Alexis was 3 on the 13th, both in June.  Time goes so fast!  Tony hasn't gotten back to me on dates or plans regarding another 2 week or so stay with me of the grandchildren for August, so we will see if they come or not.  I am open to whatever. Aurora is at her mom's and it sounds like things are going fine.  Eric will be picking her up on the 11th and it looks like I will be staying home.  For whatever reason, I am only being put on the schedule for weekends only.  Saturday and Sundays.  I work the 4th and I work the 10th (I also work the 3rd).  This weekend isn't so bad, because Eric works too, but next weekend we had talked about driving up a day or two early to spend some time with his family in Ft. Wayne before bringing Aurora home.  I am going to encourage him to still go, but it's looking like I will need to be home.  Then the following weekend I will be in Minneapolis for my high school reunion.  Lots on the agenda!

Eric got his results from the interview and testing for the Police job he was interested in.  He has made it onto the potential hires list so as jobs become available, he will be contacted for the next step.  Very positive, although it doesn't look like there is anything opening in the very near future.  Oh well, a day at a time.

That's it from around here!  I need to get my chicken deboned to make some chicken enchiladas for dinner, and I need to dice up the watermelon too for a side option.  I am so loving these days now that things are stabilizing again!

No comments: