Monday, August 9, 2010

I have been neglecting my blog...

not necessarily by choice, but by time and other activities.  The kids and Eric's schedules have kept me hopping! 

Brie had her appointment today (next one is next Monday), and baby Skye is head down and ready to go at will.  Her heartbeat is strong and steady, and we again got to see her precious face on the surprise ultrasound they did.  Aurora was at the appointment with us, and it was so nice she could share in the fun with us.  Brie's doing fine with her progress--weight, bloodpressure etc. are all good, and the swelling she has in her feet and hands is normal (which I knew, but was reassuring to hear), as are the pre-labor contractions and other aches and pains that go with end-stage pregnancy.  We had the shower for her on Saturday and there was a very small turnout, but she got some nice, practical things, and we can now get the crib set up and an outfit ready to put on Skye to come home from the hospital in.  We have a couple of things to pick up for Brie today for her "suitcase", and I am gonna have her get things readied in the next few days so that she has a backpack set to go with her supplies, comfort measure items, and clothes.  We have the last "regular" birthing class tomorrow night, (the last one is on infant care and car seats--we may or may not be there, lol, as that is the week she is due).  Overall, I am satisfied with where things are at, and how Brie is handling everything.  She is doing well.

Patrick turned 19 yesterday.  I talked to the school earlier in the week, and he can go pick up his diploma any time from the office.  He is an official high school graduate.  He is working longer hours here and there at McDonalds, and unfortunately (despite his protests to the contrary), IS using home as a bed and breakfast rather than being part of the family.  I get the feeling he is just feeling his oats right now, but his bids for independence border on disrespect of the house rules at times, and things will come to a head once school starts and the baby is here...So far, conversations about simple courtesies are going no where fast, so we will have to come up with a plan B or even C...

Aurora is excited to start her senior year.  She has dropped both cross country and track from her itinerary for the school year, and wants to focus solely on bowling (along with band, and model UN stuff too--the academics).  She did well at the bowling camp she was at, and heard very favorable comments from the coach from Purdue.  Rei isn't as excited about school starting, but I think he is looking forward to seeing friends.

Liisa is coming down for a few days the end of this week/early next week.  She is in need of some TLC.  Part of me wonders how much her broken engagement and planned wedding date's arrival is weighing on her.  Regardless, she needs her mom, and I am happy to love her up for a few days.  So glad the major stuff is done (as we got ready for both the shower and the baby's imminent arrival), so I can focus on getting some sewing done, and enjoying these days with the kids.

Not sure where Tony is at with his training stuff.  Last I heard he hadn't gotten his formal orders for training in CA, but then he also had a bout of what they think was viral meningitis (ten days of fevers, back and head aches, and feeling really miserable); at least that is what the doctor thinks was going on.  He is getting better though and is working hard at his welding job.  The little kids are "very busy" and Andrea is in the process of deciding whether or not they will enroll Justin in Kindergarten this year, or wait til next year.  I am hoping he goes this year, but will support whatever they decide for him.  HE really wants to go to school.

Eric has a couple more weeks of school left, then his term is done.  It has taken a toll on him to be in classes three nights a week on top of his working days.  And the two weeks of midshifts really threw a monkey wrench into the routines around here!  He's managing though, and I hope he'll do well.

I haven't really missed working.  I have been so busy though, there really hasn't been much time to miss anything!  The kids starting school on Thursday will allow us to get into some sort of a routine, but until then, I am flying by the seat of my pants, from one thing to the next.  This is Eric's long week (works 5 out of 7 days, plus school) and I am on deck with the kids...  Life sure is never dull.

I continue to keep a number of people in my daily prayers.  These include prayers for strength, comfort, financial stability, good health, and patience.  I feel so blessed that my trials and struggles are so simple in the face of what some of those I love are facing right now, and I know God has a plan and a reason for everything...  I pray that they find answers, and relief or support as the days pass.

Anyhow, that is where we are at.  I have pictures to post still on cameras, so it'll be a bit to get everything uploaded from the parade, Mascoutah's homecoming celebration, and the baby shower.  I will keep people posted on Skye's pending arrival, and will add pics of that too as I have them!  I will try to be better at getting things updated the rest of the month as things settle down!

No comments: