Thursday, September 30, 2010

Last day of September, 2010

Today is the last day of this month.  I am not sure where, exactly, this month has gone however!  I remember when it began, but then it runs into this giant blur of time passing...

We had such a nice time with Eric's parents here this past weekend.  It was a busy weekend, between homecoming, Eric's work schedule, and other plans, but I always enjoy spending time with them. I was also thrilled to take pictures for the family of Sandra's mom with her great-great grandbaby.  Five generations in one photo!  Grandma Hap was so pleased to meet Skye, and it was an emotional day for all of us.  I am so grateful I was able to be a part of it.

Now we are getting ready for Skye's baptism on Sunday.  Liisa and Jesse will be coming down on Friday, and I still have beds to re-make. A few small things to do to get ready, but for the most part we are set.  Eric has yet another overtime shift on his day off (Friday), so he is working still these next two days, along with classes in the evening.  We are both burning out a bit on the schedule!  Next schedule should be better though, as he has only one OT shift on deck. 

I am in a funk, if I am honest with myself.  I am homesick for my family in MN (which includes my girlfriends), and I am feeling a bit "cabin-feverish", which is silly because I have transportation and can go where I please.  I just feel antsy and edgy lately.  The only time I can really sit and relax is when I am reading or working on a project.  That feels more escapist though than productive.  I look around each room I am sitting in and I think of all I want to do with that room (paint, decorate, move) and so many things take money that isn't currently in the budget.  I end up feeling guilty for wanting to make things be different, and that is foolish too.  There are things I can do to make things look better, but my wanting them to be "perfect" gets in the way.  It sucks.  I've got myself stuck into a spiral that I need to find my way out of.  A blog I read referred to it as "wallowing" and I think that's true.  It's where I am, and it's NOT an attractive picture at all.  I guess the solution is to set small goals for myself and take baby steps to get there.  A little at a time instead of massive, sweeping changes, and to be thankful for what I have.  It'll all come together in time, if I am patient.

So: enough pondering.  There is laundry to switch, cat boxes to change out, and trash to collect for the curb...  And my oldest child to look forward to being here by me in another day or so.

No comments: