Thursday, November 11, 2010

I know, it's Thursday...

I am not necessarily happy that I have gotten to a once a week blogging pattern, but things remain busy around here, and time to myself continues to be a premium.  Added to it today, I have a cold/sinus something or other.  Basically I feel blech.  Congested, scratchy, achey, headachey and just wanna veg out.  Today I did the bare minimum of what needed to be done, and Skye and I laid low.  Fortunately she is a good baby and not a lot of work, so she was content to just be by me and coo and smile, or sleep. 

Despite this being Eric's short week, he picked up an overtime shift on Monday (10 hours), and he has an 8 hour training day on Saturday, another supposed day off.  Brie is at drill all weekend so I will be having Skye 12 days straight; the kids also have bowling and travel league again this weekend.  Rei and Aurora both did well bowling last Sunday for travel league, with scores in the mid to high 170's.  Aurora has brought some of her scores up into the 200+ range, which thrills her to no end, and she is hoping that she will maintain a 200 average for the high school bowling season, which began on Monday. In fact, her, Brie, and Skye just left for the bowling alley for practice this evening. 

Anyhow, life marches forward around here, and there is constantly something going on.  We are going to be going out to dinner for Aurora's birthday this weekend; She had a nice birthday and a good weekend last weekend, although it was sorta quiet for her.  Otherwise everything is status quo for the rest of us: Patrick working and hanging with friends, Rei and Aurora doing school stuff and bowling, Brie working and parenting, Eric finishing up his last couple weeks of this term at school on top of working lots; and me keeping track of everyone else's schedules and hanging with Skye.

Have a good weekend, and lets hope for rain!

No comments: