Friday, November 19, 2010

Sunshine and (hopefully) feeling better...

We are headed into a very nice weekend, weather-wise, and it's a busy weekend.  Eric is working all weekend, although he is home sick to day (he unfortunately got my cold from last week, and he feels like death warmed over now too--got sick yesterday). The kids have bowling on Saturday, and we also have Jesse and his buddy coming down from Mpls sometime that afternoon (they are actually flying in Saturday morning, but will be running around with a friend of theirs, who happens to live in St. Louis, for awhile in the morning). The house is in dire need of some tlc, and I will admit to being disappointed in the kids.  I had asked ALL of them to pitch in and start getting things cleaned up--esp. since they have been having regular gatherings in the living room with friends for movies and video games.  No one has done anything, although I have been given verbal promises from all of them.  I guess I will be cracking the whip today after school.  I really need things decent for our company this weekend.  Jesse is coming down to get the CRX with his buddy; they will be driving back on Sunday.  It's just a quick visit, but given we will also have Aurora's mom arriving on Wednesday to pick her up for Thanksgiving, and it is important to me that things be tidy when she comes in.  Maybe it's just vanity, but it's important to me that my house gives a good impression to people.

I feel like I have lost a week due to being sick.  I have 9 more quilt blocks to embroider, I have a shawl finished that needs blocking, I have pieces to cut out to finish the quilt tops, and I have a few outfits for me that I really want to get made up.  Eric and I are planning out our christmas gift plans, and I am still hoping to go to Minneapolis for the holiday.  Right now it sounds like Brie is planning to stay home for the holiday if we go but I would bring Skye with me.  That feels a bit awkward, because it will be Skye's first Christmas. So we still need to talk more about it before any decisions are made. Aurora has to go to her Mom's for Christmas this year, so we will do ours here at the house, probably on New Year's eve again like we did 2 years ago.  Actually, that worked out nicely for us, plus we could get gifts during the after Christmas sales...  Always up for saving money!

I don't know where the time is going to.  It's moving so fast though. I am pleased to announce that as of last Friday, Rei was passing all classess except for one (English is, and always will be his downfall).  I am pleased to see him working hard though. Aurora got her ACT scores back, and while I thought they were very good, she was a bit disappointed and wanted them a bit higher. Brie has registered for 4 classes starting in January: three classroom classes, and one on-line class.  I have some concerns about how she is going to manage everything, but she seems to think she can do it.  I will be watching Skye (apparently).  I really don't mind watching her, especially on the days Brie works 6a-2p. Then I feel like I still have some time to get stuff done without having to multi-task. Given her classes will be evenings on Tuesday thru Thursday, I will be losing those evenings for myself, at least 'til Skye falls asleep.  Patrick talked about possibly returning to school, but I have seen no action on that front, so my guess is he is going to continue on as is...

Skye just woke up, so duty calls!

No comments: