Thursday, June 9, 2011

Apologies all around...

I am mortified to realize that the previous post I wrote, just for myself, published instead of deleted after I wrote it. Sometimes I get so frustrated I need to vent, but then hit delete so that my thoughts remain private. For those who read it, please take it for what it was, private thoughts that weren't meant to be published, thought in a moment of frustration. I apologize if any of it upset anyone.

I am getting down to crunch time with some homework, and things are chaotic at times around here. With only two running vehicles, I feel like I am sometimes on the bottom rung of the priority ladder when it comes to usage, and the needs for mobility don't stop just because there isn't an extra running car. Skye is amazing in all she is learning to do and express, but the downside of that is that she is fairly strong willed and independent, and she wants what she wants, when she wants it (of course that describes most kids these days). I only have two hands, and am not as good at multitasking as I used to be I guess.

My husband took on an overtime shift this week because it's his short week otherwise, and it threw a minor wrench into our plans for things to accomplish before his new school term resumes next week. He is doing a great job of balancing all his responsibilities and deserves some down time too. I sometimes just get impatient when I should be more understanding. We have taken on a lot of things we want to accomplish, but haven't really gotten very far on any of them, and the upheaval they have caused gets tiresome at times. I know my frustration over that is directed as much at myself as it is him, because I too start things, meaning to finish, and there they sit because of interruptions and distractions.  With his working the overtime shift, I have been really confused as to what day it is (I know the days based on the normal routines); his having worked 3 days in a row suggests to me that today should be Monday, but it isn't; and yesterday I wasn't sure if it was Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday! I knew in my head that it was Wednesday, because my assignment was due and Aurora had stuff at the college scheduled. But it felt like one of the other days, because Eric was working his second day in a row...

Anyhow, please forgive my rant and understand that I was having a rough time, with many stressors and worries all at once. I learned a valuable lesson out of it though: to make sure if I do put anything out on my blog I double check which button I am pushing before I hit it and I proof read it to be sure I am posting what I want to be posting. 

No comments: