Sunday, June 5, 2011

An update for June!

It has been a full week already, and we are only just barely into the month. The kids and I got safely back to IL from MN on Tuesday, even if we were again running a bit later than I had initially planned. It was a good trip and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to go. Saw all my siblings, most of their families, a number of dear girlfriends, and spent time with my mom and some of the Florida relatives, who were up visiting the same time I was. I came home saddened to leave the other grandkids and my big kids, but grateful for the time and activities we had/spent together.

This week has been a week now of catch-up-- on chores,  on homework, on life. Brie had some issues this week: her car engine seized up and is not driveable (she let the oil run dry) and her cell phone took a dunk in the toilet (literally); the replacement phone will be here on Monday (she hopes--is going through withdrawal from not having text messaging!) and she is talking to the bank again on Monday about an auto loan to get a new-to-her car.  My son Anthony says we could probably resurect her car with a new engine, but since we don't have anyone down here with the expertise to put one in, I am not sure what we will do with it. My van is once again getting lots of mileage put on it as it takes the place of second runner for whomever needs it. 

Skye had a bad cold when we got back--sneezing, runny nose, cough, and low grade temp. She is finally sounding better, but was a sick cookie for about 72 hours. She has a fake cough to go with the real one that cracks us up. Aurora came home from Hawaii sick too, but she had a lovely time while there, and she seems to be feeling better as well.

Aurora and Rei, Skye, and I went to the travel league bowling banquet today. Aurora got first place females for high average, and they both (along with the team) got team trophies. It was really neat to be there. I am proud of both of them! It was a long day for Skye though, who was stuck on laps, or briefly, on the floor, and she was getting bored and restless. We got through it though and she did well.

I got the family pass for the pool for us, and I went yesterday for two hours.  I had asked Rei to spray my back with sunscreen (the aerosol canned kind) and he did--but he didn't check to make sure it was evenly applied, and I have a very blotchy sunburn in places, esp. along the edges of things...  Youch! It isn't terrible, unless Skye scratches at my skin, but when she does, I want to cry!

Eric is done with classes for a week--Yay! And his long week ends today so we should have a nice week this upcoming one. We need it!  I haven't been doing so hot on my WW plan lately--got off track with the month of May and all the parties going on, and haven't fully gotten back on the bus as yet...  I am working on it though!  At least I have maintained my initial 10 lb loss, and hope to now add to it (I regained 2 lbs from the initial 12 I had lost).  I am not discouraged though. I made some conscious choices.

I have two weeks of classes left and need to try and get ahead on some things there so I can do my final paper. I have to figure out my topic, then call Eric's dad and interview him for it.  Not sure even still what I want to write about!  I have to figure it out soon though--it's supposed to be about 15 pages long or so...

Anyhow, that's where we are at for now: enjoying these hot, summery days (FINALLY!), figuring out what is gonna pass for the new "normal" schedule with school out, and, taking things a day at a time. My sister has her surgery tomorrow, so I have her in my prayers, and I am cautiously looking towards another trip to MN in July over the 4th.  We'll see what happens as we get closer!

No comments: