Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Today is the day!

Today is the day that Skye gets to meet her dad and some of his family members. I am looking forward to finally meeting them as well, and it is my hope and prayer that things go smoothly while they are here, for everyone's sake. It's going to be an interesting week I think!

I got my paper done, including a restart on Thursday night at 7 p.m. after realizing that I had misread the directions and had already written 11 pages over the course of 8 hours or so...  I was able to recycle a little of what I had previously written into the final draft, albeit in a slightly different form, but most of the paper was "fresh" and new rather than a re-write.  I have to say, I really sweated it, because I had worked so hard on what was initially written, and thought it was well done. Oh well, live and learn. I am just thankful I reread the instructions before I finished it and sent it off into the interweb to the instructor! I ended up with a 92/100 because apparently "there continued to be problems" with my APA formatting.  This bothers me, because I wrote with the APA manual open and next to me.  Oh well, I did my best.  I am curious about what my final grade will look like because I missed 2 discussion questions during the graduation preparations and I also didn't turn in the two prep assignments for the paper (also due during that week between mother's day and graduation), but the rest of my grades were 98-99%.  I get so nervous when waiting, although if I get a B for the term I will be satisfied (a C would disappoint me though, and I don't think an A is in the running right now--the instructor just isn't that generous, despite my being in constant contact with her over what was going on).

We are planning to go up to Minneapolis after all over 4th of July weekend. Eric did get the extra time off for Friday and Saturday, so we will go up Thursday the 30th and be there thru the 5th, driving home that morning sometime. I am very excited. I was talking to Andrea today about having a birthday party for the kids, perhaps at Liisa's on that Saturday, and inviting the family to it. I don't think it would be too much work, especially if the weather is good and we can do it outside, or maybe we could go down to the falls and do it there. Just have cake, ice cream, and sodas.

Eric and Aurora have started running most mornings that he's off to get her ready for the cross country season, and he is enjoying that. I am pleased to say I am back on track too with my weight loss and have lost a total of 14 lbs as of today.  I am doing well! I have tried to get out walking or biking on a regular basis and I am being mindful of the points program so I eat healthy.

Sounds like the baby is up--she went down for a nap around 8 after getting up around 6ish this morning again.  Time to feed her, finish the dishes, and get some vaccuuming done.  It's gonna be a hectic next few days!

No comments: