Sunday, July 27, 2008

A day of rest????

What is that? I got up early, although I admit to not having done too much today, and I am even thinking I may just veg out and cross stitch for a little while later this evening, or read my book (a long-awaited sequel in a series I have been following--it's a library book so I hope to have it done before the move).

Yesterday was such fun! We spent the morning finishing ups some things: I made the run to the local used clothing/items drop-off only to be told they no longer take small appliances, even if they work, then I went to the half-price book store, and got a whopping $2.00 for three boxes and a couple of bags of books and magazines ("they were common titles, they smelled musty--had been in the basement). Whoop-dee-dooo! I can buy a coffee at McDonalds! I guess my next load of books goes back on Craig's list where they will at least be taken by someone who will enjoy them! It was disappointing to say the least! Ceese and I then ran to the grocery store for some last minute party supplies, and we then got ready for our afternoon/evening of pampering and partying. These are some photos of the tables the girls set up/decorated for our evening, and my sweet daughter-in-law added balloons to the festivities while we were at the spa. We started out at the DaySpa in Edina, where I had a facial. The woman who did it was from Russia and was a lovely woman to talk to, but no-nonsense when it came to skin care. She made sure any blemishes were promptly eradicated, and it was NOT fun! The rest was tho' and the products were all organic and yummy smelling. I enjoyed the pampering! There were 5 of us at the spa, and I think next time I will have a massage after hearing my daughter and her friend rave about them...

Then it was off to pick up a dear friend from my college years, and head to my sister's where some of us changed into party clothes. We got to the restaurant, Don Pablos, in Richfield, for a wonderful mexican meal and Margarita's, and were seated by the most gorgeous host--he flirted and played along with us, and took this group shot before we were seated: From left to right, my best friend from high school, my oldest niece, my sister, my daughter's best friend, ME (in the oh so festive pink "Bride" cap, complete with a fall of pink ribbons!), my daughter, my dear friend from my college years, and my daughter-in-law. One other girlfriend was there as well, but was later in joining us. There were 9 of us total for the remainder of the evening, and we had such fun!
















These are some closer pictures of me with my girlfriends. We laughed, we exchanged memories, and we joked around. JC and GI Joe picked us up in collector cars for a stylish ride back to the house (although for some of us, those old cars were the ones we rode in in our youth...) where we had an assortment of wine, cheese, crackers, and fresh fruit to snack on, and we played some amusing games that my daughter-in-law found on-line for us. In one of the games we had to blow up balloons as large as we could, only mine had holes in it--which everyone found highly amusing... I admit, we laughed, we shed a few tears, and we really enjoyed being together. It was just what I have been needing: a time to reconnect, and a time to just relax before I move into the unknown.
At the end of the night we said our goodnights, most of which took far longer than planned, and I love this picture of my daughter and I--she took it of us, a skill I have not mastered yet (although you can now really see my more "natural" hair color--less Barbie-doll-like). The "guys" joined the party around 10:30ish, and I was informed that when Spike is here next weekend there are plans to take him out for a drink or two, just the guys, so he doesn't feel left out of the fun. I am one very blessed woman, and I am counting down the days 'til I say "I do"!

1 comment:

Stitcher S said...

I'm happy for you in your upcoming marriage.

The pictures are great, how fun it is to have great friends! Take care.