Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have been boycotting the computer the last few days...

because Liisa has been in town.  I worked Sunday during the super bowl (which I was also boycotting anyway, /grin) and came home to find she had made excellant time getting here--was here in just under 10 hours, even driving the "long way" and taking multiple breaks with the pupkins!  We ate pizza and watched tv on Sunday night (anyone else enjoy "Undercover Boss"?  We sure did!).  Then it was a fairly early night to bed.  Eric had his long week this week, so was up at 4 most mornings to be to work by 6 am...

Monday Liisa, Brie, and I went to the BX to get a few necessities; next we went to the commisary and we restocked the pantry.  Then Liisa and I ran to Kohls where she got some clothes and I got a new bread machine (my old one was about 12-15 years old and no longer works).  We also did the pedicure thing and got our eyebrows waxed.  Mine hadn't been done since October, and the little Asian lady who took care of me shook her head in dismay, clucked her tongue and said repeatedly "too much hair! Too much hair".  When she was finished she chuckled at me and said "so much better now!  You come back and see us soon!"  It is definitely better now!  We were under winter weather advisories all day Monday and Tuesday and Liisa just laughed at how panicked everyone was over a measly 3-5 inches of forecasted snow.  We came home, made enchiladas for dinner, and drank margaritas, along with watching some tv and visiting.

Tuesday morning the kids were quite disappointed that school had NOT been cancelled, so off they went.  I had to work, so Liisa drove me to Joann's and dropped me off.  Work was slow (primarily because of the weather), and I had a class to teach after my shift at the cutting table, so Liisa came back to attend my class and pick me up.  She audited my class, and she shopped, and we had lots of fun.  Tuesday night we made a simple meal of Chicken, Rice, Corn, and Homemade Bread!  The kids were enamored with the bread, and I was thrilled to have a functional bread machine.  Now to figure out what I am doing wrong as the crown rises, but then falls again.  Hmmmm.  Liisa had bought a bunch of embroidery/craft floss and the kids all made bracelets in the livingroom as we ate dinner, then watched tv as a family. Liisa then went out with Cliff for awhile to see his new apartment and just visit while the rest of us went to bed.

Wednesday, Liisa and I ran to the mall (in all her visits down here this was her first time at our "little" mall--compared to MOA anything is second rate, heeheehee).  We stocked up on a couple of NEEDS, and ended up leaving fast before spending more money (I got Rei some much needed jeans, on clearance, I got Eric a new winter coat--he had thrown his 25+year old one away cuz it was just too small), and Liisa and I got matching sweatshirts (also on clearance). We swung by Jackman's to look at embroidery pattern kits for my machine (we didn't buy any), then came home and embroidered!  Liisa had a huge pile of things she wanted to personalize and we spent the afternoon doing that.  I made an Italian herb loaf of bread and Lasagna for dinner (I made a point of making some of Liisa's favorite meals while she was here), then Brie dropped us at the bowling alley where we hung out with Eric and drank some beer.  After getting home, Liisa went out to shoot pool with Cliff and some of his friends, while the rest of us went to bed, and this morning she and I loaded up her truck and she headed for home at 10 am. 

Eric too had to be out the door this morning, despite it being his "day off": he had a job interview at 10 for a supervisor position at the hospital.  He was dressed in his uniform to the nines--polished boots, and even a tie!  I am eagerly awaiting hearing from him how it went.  Now it's time to get back on track with life--catching up on homework and farmville harvesting, reading emails, cleaning my room...  Reimond may be going to Nashville TN this weekend on a school outing.  His friends are part of the honor guard/drill team at school and he was asked by the supervisor if he would be willing to travel with them as a part of their "floor crew"--setting up the tarp they perform on before their performance, then rolling it back up after they are done.  He said he would be interested in helping, so he's getting the info from the school today--they are planning to leave at 1:30 tomorrow afternoon (thus missing 7th hour).  I am thrilled with the idea of his participating in school functions and seeing as he has a couple of friends who participate, it should be fun for all of them!

Not much else to say on the home front.  Things are pretty status quo.  Aurora didn't bowl as well as she had hoped in sectionals, and the team took 4th place.  Only one girl conditionally qualified for the state tournament individually, dependent on numbers.  Aurora came home and went straight to bed for a few hours.  She was quite disappointed.  She'll be a senior next year, and we pointed out to her, this year they had a new coach, they were a really "young" team (they graduated most of their team members last year and had 3 that were experienced at the start of this season).  They did well!

Anyhow, it was a wonderful week with Liisa here, and I am sad to see her go.  The dogs all got along for the most part, although it was chaotic to have 5 of them here (and six or seven when Ryan brought over a puppy or two from his house).  It'll be nice to have things settle down some and get back to normal, but I am gonna miss my girl.  We laughed, we chatted, and it was so nice to have her here by me.  Now, I guess I need to get my stuff going to get back on track with homework etc.

No comments: