Sunday, February 14, 2010

Today is Valentine's Day

Happy birthday to two dear friends, Sunny, and Ron.  You both are in my thoughts today and I hope you have wonderful birthdays!

Eric and I are not doing anything for the holiday (unless he has something in mind I am unaware of) as we are both working today, he until 6 and me until 8.  It really doesn't bother me though, as for us, Valentine's day sentiments are an everyday thing.  I was reflecting on the fact that we have been married for a year and a half now, and we are still so very content with each other.  The "honeymoon" is still going fairly strong.  Not that we don't have our moments of frustration with each other, or with the kids--this is real life after all--but we are in it together, for the long haul, and because of that we can deal with things as they come up.  We each have our own unique strengths and attributes that complement the other, and between us we make a fairly solid team.  We are both very pleased with how our families have blended too, and we smile when the kids come to us individually from each other's family for support, encouragement, or advice.  It is such a good feeling to see things blending and swirling together, like a parfait or a fancy dessert rather than a muddy mess--so that the individual strands complement and enhance the other.

Happy Valentine's day my love!  I am so grateful to have you in my life!

No comments: