Friday, February 5, 2010

Just a quick note...

This is just a quick update to say we are doing fine here. Just been really busy between getting ready for Liisa's visit this weekend, getting Aurora ready for sectionals (bowling) which take place this Saturday at our bowling alley on base (the girl's team is the conference champions!), working, and school stuff.  We had been hearing threats of bad weather for days, but we ended up with just rain (perhaps a little snow later today/tonight) but nothing that will hamper Liisa coming down that we know of.

I went to my first Embroidery club meeting yesterday and it was very interesting and informative, however I was definitely in the minority--I think I was the youngest person there! (at least one of the youngest).  I felt guilty going in some regards because I had/have so much to do, but it was really nice to go, the ladies were friendly, and I will plan to go again next month.  I also got a lovely surprise from the kids last night.  I had put a pot roast in the crockpot early in the day, and was getting frustrated that every time I got settled into my homework I needed to drive one or another of the kids somewhere (pickups/drop-offs) and had vented to Rei and Aurora about it; when I got my homework done (finally) and went down to finish putting dinner together (peel potatoes, etc) I saw that the table had been cleared and set!  We had a sit-down family dinner, with everyone together, and it was very nice!  It was Reimond's idea, and Aurora helped him, and it made me smile.

Okay, time to finish checking my emails, then on to chores.

No comments: