Monday, October 25, 2010

All ready off to a better start...

Eric and I had a few more heart to heart conversations on the phone throughout the course of yesterday afternoon and I finally felt like I got heard.  My goal wasn't to change his mind; it was for him to take the time to listen to my feelings on thing. We recognize we come from two totally different approaches and schools of thought in how to deal with defiance and disobedience, and we will continue to clash on things, but perhaps things won't go to the degree they did because we have a better understanding of each other. When Eric got home, Rei apologized to Eric for his behavior and attitude from Friday night, and Eric apologized as well, then we all went out as a family to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner (and football--had to watch the Vikings vs Green Bay!).  We had everyone together for once, even Rei's girlfriend, and we talked and laughed throughout the meal.  The kids made fun of me for missing parts of the conversation because I was watching the game (no sound there, so it's all visual), and my cheering an interception caused our waiter to almost drop our drinks, because I startled him.  It was a bit akward because I think I was the only Viking's fan in the restaurant (from the sounds of the groans when I was cheering), but oh well.  I had fun.  Have to admit I found the last two minutes of the game frustrating though...  Losing by 4 points! (We left the restaurant at half time).

Eric and I went to bed after the game was over, with the sound of much needed rain (along with thunder and lightening) on the windows, and were "rudely" awakened at 2:22 am by the phone ringing...  Eric was called in to take an overtime shift for today.  We didn't have a lot of plans for the day, other than being together and babysitting Skye, so he decided to go in. He figured where he was covering he'd have plenty of time to focus on homework, with few distractions so it may be a good thing on the whole (not to mention the overtime money is nice).  I think my focus today will be on cutting out some fabrics that need to be cut, and doing some machine embroidery (looking towards Christmas gifts), along with enjoying the baby. I do feel much better today, more positive and optomistic.

No comments: